cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in to metronet portal to change password

Chip20

Can't log in to metronet portal to change password

Hi. I am almost certain my metronet email account has been hacked and they are actively monitoring it so I want to change the password. How can I achieve this please?

I can view my metronet emails in webmail but can find no option to reset the password there. I can send/receive metronet emails via the Bluemail app on my Android phone, so I know what the username and password for the mail servers are.

I cannot log into the metronet portal (https://portal.metronet.co.uk/index_portal.html) using the same combination of username and password. The error simply reads 'Response code 403'

If I try to reset my password I get 'We've not been able to find your account details' regardless of whether I enter just the username (with the @metronet.co.uk) or whether I enter the full email address.

If I call the support number given (0845 1400083) I don't know which option to choose to speak to a suitable support person.

Can you advise me please?

With thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Can't log in to metronet portal to change password

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Email to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Can't log in to metronet portal to change password

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues logging into your Metronet account and changing your password.

I've had a look for your account and the Metronet e-mail address you've used in your forum profile isn't bringing up an account for some reason though I know that Metronet is a unique beast with "master" and "child" accounts linked together. 

Can you private message me your account username so I can take a closer look?

Also if you were to call us, I'd  recommend calling 0800 432 0200 as it's free phone (Selecting the option for technical support/something's not working) but feel free to message me as I can help you here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet