cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't contact Plusnet by raising a ticket or respond to a ticket that staff raised

OldLes
Hooked

Can't contact Plusnet by raising a ticket or respond to a ticket that staff raised

As a new customer I got a deal with free broadband for the year provided I paid for the phone fully in advance. That's a good deal so I took it. Half way through the fixed one year deal the price of broadband went up by £1/month so they are now charging £1/month by direct debit for my free (paid for in advance) service. Not best pleased.

I couldn't raise a ticket to complain, I had to phone and wait in one of these "high call volume" 15 minute queues. Now the staff member has raised a ticket which does not reflect the fact that the broadband was supposed to be free, and there is no facility to respond to the ticket. I used to be able to respond to tickets so that is a change for the worse. I don't know if the staff member has interpreted the complaint accurately, as the free service was billed for by giving a discount of the original amount of the broadband cost. They just didn't increase the discount when the price increased.

Given that I couldn't make the complaint on line (for no understandable reason) i tried to find a postal address in desperation. There doesn't seem to be a contact address either!

4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Can't contact Plusnet by raising a ticket or respond to a ticket that staff raised

@OldLes

Welcome to the forums.

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

For future reference a link to it is shown at the bottom of every web page as "Complaints Code of Practice"

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Can't contact Plusnet by raising a ticket or respond to a ticket that staff raised

Hi @OldLes,

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm sorry that the ticket which was created for you was closed (hence why you couldn't reply) and that the agent you spoke to did not entirely resolve your query.

I have asked the agent in question to contact you shortly to ensure that you are 100% happy with the outcome of your contact and to also ensure that an open ticket is left on your account, should you wish to respond going forward.

The link provided by @SpendLessTime does also provide a link to raise a complaint ticket should you wish to do so at any stage in the future.

Please let me know if there's anything else that you need.

Best wishes,

Dav

OldLes
Hooked

I just got this reply, which others may find interesting:

When you signed up the cost of our ADSL broadband service was £9.99 the discounts agreed at the time made the service free,  since this time we have had a price increase by 1 pound,  any disagreement with the price refresh would have to of been brought to our attention within the 30 days of the email which advised you of the price increase.

Of course I noticed the price increase email, but why would that apply to me since I had already signed up to a free connection for the year? And I also failed to spot the £1 price increase on the direct debit because it was lumped in with the call charges. So basically it is a "tax" on old slow people who don't check everything in a hyper-vigilent fashion. Fair enough. The contract ends in four months anyway, so I can re-assess my options then.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @OldLes, thanks for getting in touch.

As my response contains account specific information I have updated the open support ticket on the account for you. This can be viewed here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=179181748

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team