cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to plusnet website to pay bill.

watifeir
Hooked

Can't connect to plusnet website to pay bill.

I've been unable to connect to the plusnet website to pay my bill. This isn't the first time this has happened. Every time I try to connect to the plusnet site and some other unrelated websites I get redirected to the following screen, which I've provided a screen capture of.

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Can't connect to plusnet website to pay bill.

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues connecting to our website while in failed payment. While we can sort that out this side, by doing so I believe that your account then won't show an outstanding balance online so you'd need to pay over the phone. As a workaround are you instead able to access your account to pay the bill using a different connection like mobile data?

If you aren't let us know and we'll remove the interruption however if I'm right it's possible while you'll then be able to access our site there won't be any option for you to pay. Sad We're always happy to take a payment over the phone though if that's the case and we can also call you back if it's easier.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
luk
Grafter

Does your router look like this?  Is it the same one?

ADSL-TG582n1

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I think they have the Hub One and this issue seems to happen regardless of router unfortunately.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@luk 

This is a connection refused, not a connection time out issue.

Similar in end result, but I suspect having markedly different causes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

watifeir
Hooked

I'm not able to phone at the moment because of my working hours. I'm not sure if I can be in when the helpline is actually open.

watifeir
Hooked

My router is a different model from the one pictured.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Can please advise of its module number and provide the results of pinging the URL to which the connection is being refused.

Are you using safe guarding? Are you using a static IP address?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

watifeir
Hooked

I will check those things at some point later hopefully. I'm not using a static IP. All I can say for certain is  that this same problem happened the last time I missed a payment and it was resolved once I paid my bill, but it made it awkward to do so.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You should see the splash screen - not seeing it implies an additional complication which needs to be understood so that you can access the payment screens. I suspect that this is a network issue but need facts please to inform discussions.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Do you have access to another connection to pay your bill online as a workaround?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet