Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change product online

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Can't change product online

I'm trying to change my product from the old Broadband Plus to Extra, which we can get on our exchange for £11.49 per month.
So cheaper and a lot more usage Smiley
I've tried to do this on-line, with no home phone and accepted the free wireless router as we're happy with having a 12 month contract. I have added card details to my account so the £4.99 P&P for the router can be taken.
However, I got this message during the last stage of the upgrade:
Looks like there's a temporary problem here.
We weren't able to complete your upgrade. If you'd like some help, give us a call on
0845 140 0200.

I wonder if someone could take a look at this, or will I need to call the above number?
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Can't change product online

it depends on who your phone is with, the 0845 number is free if you are on home phone, but might get you South Africa, the alternative is 0114 296 5198.
But a bright spark should know that
dont think this should affect it http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1279890368.htm
Alex
Community Veteran

I don't know it all, this would have only have been the 2nd time I've had to call support in 8 years Smiley
It's not urgent, and my billing date isn't until the 4th anyway. I was hoping someone could look or maybe I'll raise a ticket.
I won't be able to call until Monday now, and would rather not have to use the work phone tomorrow.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your card details are out of date, so the account change tool can't charge your £4.99 and throws an error. Please update your details here then it should go through the account change without any issues at all.
Alex
Community Veteran

OK - thanks Ben.
Looks like it didn't save the new details for some reason, I'll try adding the card details again and see how I go.
Alex
Community Veteran

That's sorted it, has gone through now.
Strange as I'm sure when I was trying to do it last time the card I entered was listed.
Maybe it's just me Grin
Thanks for your help.