Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't cancel my account

FIXED
StephenF
Grafter

Can't cancel my account

Hi,

I switched ISP on 3rd December and was ensured that the new ISP would inform you of my change and the cancellation would occur automatically.

Paid my final bill on 7th December and have not used any of your services since the 3rd as the modem has been completely disconnected from the wall.

Unfortuantely, you're still attempting to deduct funds from my account (though i have cancelled the direct debit so you're unable) and trying to contact customer support via the phone has proven impossible since the automated robobitch just hangs up on me.

Cheers,

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
StephenF
Grafter

Re: Can't cancel my account

2 hours have passed and I want to add that maybe my "robobitch" comment was unfair. I don't know her very well and she's probably very nice outside of working hours.

Cheers,

Steve

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @StephenF,

I'm sorry to see there's been some confusion over the state of the account. Just to clarify, who did you move your services to and have they started providing their services yet?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenF
Grafter

Thanks for the reply @TheMightyAJ 

Services have moved to BT and I started using it on 3rd December. On the same day I disconnected all plusnet equipment.

My guess would be that it's because my new connection is FTTP and they left the old copper box still there?

Cheers,

Steve

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Thanks for confirming that. I've had a look over the account and from what I can see we've not received any confirmation of the line having been taken over. I'd recommend getting in touch with BT to double check everything has definitely been setup alright on their end of things first and foremost. Regarding our account, it would be best to give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 to discuss the terms of the cancellation, as it's currently still running as it normally would be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
StephenF
Grafter

Thanks @TheMightyAJ 

Different number to the one I was trying earlier with a much better experience. They sorted my account immediately.

I will miss your unparalleled level of support. I just wish you offered FTTP! Sad

Cheers,

Steve

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear the team have got that sorted @StephenF. Hopefully one day we'll be able to win you back over! Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team