cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an existing customer take advantage of new contract pricing?

chesterfield
Grafter

Can an existing customer take advantage of new contract pricing?

Can an existing customer (currently out of contract) take advantage of current offers/pricing?

I must admit I havent bothered checking in a while as Ive been with plusnet since the days of redhotant dialup going bust, (how many remember that ISP I wonder?)  and never had any real desire to change as they have been excellent in the last near 20 years I must have been here.

Anyway, we have absolute radio on in the office and Ive heard an ad for plusnet every now and then, so thought I'd take a look - out of curiosity for FTTP more than anything, but noticed in my latest email Im payng £44.98 a month to PN, whereas I can see there is an offer for unlimited Fibre Extra including line rental at £27.99.  With the pro add on that I have it would be £32.99

Im a bit dissapointed to see Ive probably been in this situation for over a year, but I assume loyalty counts for nought now and my extra £10 a month subsidises the new customers.  My fault, I should know better.

Ive tried the product change thing on the portal, but it wont let me select the same products I have now and just switch to new pricing.

Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Can an existing customer take advantage of new contract pricing?

You'd need to ring customer options and see what they offer you, there won't be an offer made on the forums.

Details for Customer options team are on this page https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/
0800 013 2632

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chesterfield
Grafter

Ill call later then, currently at work.

It just seems strange that an existing "out of contract" customer, can't enter into a new contract at the click of a button online..

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @chesterfield 

@dvorak is correct in their above reply, unfortunately we are unable to have these sorts of conversations over the forums. 

I would advise getting in contact with our Customer Options team regarding this as they are the department who can provide all relevant information about your account, offers, contracts and deals. 

Telephone number: 0800 013 2632 or 0330 123 9197 (Both free from a Plusnet Landline)

Opening Times:
08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Friday
09:00 - 19:00 Saturday
09:00 - 18:00 Sundays

Thanks,

MoR

*EDIT - sign off and choice of personal pronoun 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

so thought I'd take a look - out of curiosity for FTTP more than anything

So as to manage expectations here, if FTTP is the only fibre option available in your area, then Plusnet will not be able to offer a fibre solution to you, they only have the ability to offer FTTC where BT Openreach / BT Wholesale have made it available.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

If you are the age old Chesterfield, hardened with battle scars from the old days, when customers were chucked off by staff, then you should know that Pnet never reward loyalty and if you date back from ancient times, maybe they would pay you to go!!!

If I remember right you are based in the town of your name, know it well, know Sheffield even better, (well did) used to work close to Pnet's offices, but now miles away in the sunny south east.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.