cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Plusnet Close My Account?

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Can Plusnet Close My Account?

I have now moved to TalkTalk LLU as of yesterday, How long is it till my account gets closed as its still open? Also I paid for BB and house phone with Plusnet And Ive only used 5 days of it, When can I expect a refund?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
6 REPLIES 6
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Can Plusnet Close My Account?

Hi Steve M
You will need to call our Customer Options Team on 0845 140 6002 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm to arrange the cancellation of your account.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi Ben,
              Just rang them and got the nice chap to close my account as of today, And should get a refund in the next 10days.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just got an email now saying Im being charged £19.95 for cancelling my service, Why?
This is from a Question on my account can someone tell me what this means?
Dear Mr ********
Internal
Please remove outstanding balance of £19.56 Error. EU LLU transfered
Kind regards,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I suspect that's an internal ticket being sent to someone here to remove any outstanding balance on your account so you don't get charged it. Let me go and check.
*edit* Yes, that's exactly what it is. When the account was actually set to be cancelled, the agent made an error doing this and it's created an invoice for the amount shown. This invoice will be removed so you won't be charged it and your account is set to close with us on the 23rd July.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ok Chris yes its an internal question.  * Edit* I see thanks for that chris, Phew!! So how does my refund work, I paid for service on the 7th this month but my accounts not closing till the 23rd so when does the refund kick in, From the 12th when i moved or the 23rd?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Chris Ive sent you a pm Smiley