cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Believe How Plusnet Treat Costomers

wattsy
Grafter

Can Not Believe How Plusnet Treat Costomers

I have been with Plusnet since 2002, paid £14.99 from at least 2007, of course payment was much higher prior to this, allowance was 10 GB, in all this time I never went over the allowance of 10GB  In November 2013 change to £ 8.49 pre month still with allowance 10GB. I went over the allowance in January were upon £5 was charged. Yesterday 24/03/14 I rang PlusNet to arrange unlimited. I now find I have been charged £5 extra as I apparently gone over 10GB to 10.06GB,  just a few hours before contracted to unlimited  starts. Seem very strange how for twelve years I never went over what ever the allowance was until I reduced the monthly payment in November 2013.  And I can't say I am happy about the fact PlusNet have charged me £5 extra just hours before new contract begins. Is this really the way PlusNet treat costumers of long standing maybe I should think about moving.
12 REPLIES 12
wattsy
Grafter

Re: Can Not Believe How Plusnet Treat Costomers

Well  that  just shows how much PlusNet care about their customers, posted my grievance two and a half hours ago and still no reply, my usage is now 10.07 Gb so 70mb usage have cost £5.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The PN staff who frequent these forums work office hours so you probably won't get an answer until tomorrow morning.  You may well find that they waive the charge if you're patient Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi wattsy,
I've had a look for you and responded to Ticket: 83275658 on your account for you detailing your usage for the duration of 25/03/2014 and your usage so far today 26/03/2014. I've also offered a gesture of a goodwill which is detailed in the ticket.
wattsy
Grafter

I thank you for your quick response, though I am still puzzled about the calculated  excess usage over the last couple of months.  I will keep a check on my usage even though I am now unlimited just to compere with previous.  Regards 
zippyzappy
Grafter

I don't think it's 'how PlusNet treat their customers' but 'how computers treat their customers' Once a computer is set up to follow certain rules there is no deviation either way unless that is written into the software.  Wink
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Said very succinctly, zippyzappy Smiley
wattsy
Grafter

Hiya, zippyzappy regarding your comment yes it would appear I do have a problem of some description with my computer and internet connection.. I have been monitoring my usage and there is usage during the off peak period when my computer is off and I am sleeping. There is steaming recorded in the usage which I very rarely do, one programme I do have on my computer at the moment is Teamviewer  which is a programme for remote access for computer engineer to help with any problems I may have, though this is password protected. So I can not understand why there is off peak usage.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

One thing that does confuse people from time to time is that the Plusnet usage page uses different units depending on the figure, so it may look like a large figure but is actually very small.
Also you will see some usage even when your computer is off because there is always background internet activity coming in to your router - around 20-30MB per night would be totally normal.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kes1603
Dabbler

QUOTE « Reply #5 on 27/03/2014, 12:12 »
I don't think it's 'how PlusNet treat their customers' but 'how computers treat their customers' Once a computer is set up to follow certain rules there is no deviation either way unless that is written into the software.  Wink
Sorry but I cant subscribe to the above comment. Computers DONT program themselves ! They just process information put into them by a HUMAN. IF someone has 'Tweaked' the program, anything is possible. Lets stop this myth that its 'computer error' and put the responsibility in the lap of the person pushing the buttons.
jackiebull3

im so confused, what have i done to plusnet? i  went onto a smaller useage to find it was a bad choice on my part, so i went bk to unlimited usage, to find i couldnt for the past month i had a phone call to say it was plusnets error as something crashed, so it wasnt my fault. now to find my email from plusnet regarding may's bill too my sock horror i got charged over £60 of useage charge i got told as a good will offer, it would be squashed i dont have the money so im not a happy bunny looks like a phone call after hospitial appointment. Cry
petecov44
Grafter

Well according to thie wattsy the 1GB limit on the standard package is being removed so it's going unlimited.
Unless I read it wrong.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/05/plusnet-uk-prep-product-refresh-half-price-unlimited-fi...
"Similarly the 10GB standard broadband package will also be removed. "
So that's good news
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@jackiebull3
I've just had a look over your account, can you let me know when you requested a move to Unlimited as from our records it's only showing as last week. If you can let me know that info we can do some digging here.

I'd also recommend checking the email address registered on your account as we've been sending emails regularly advising that you've hit your usage allowance and we're adding an additional 5GB at £5 each time this happened.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.