cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade to fibre at a new customer price?

AgentMildew
Hooked

Can I upgrade to fibre at a new customer price?

I'm still on ADSL at £20 per month, but would like to upgrade to 36 Mb fibre, which is available at £22.99 per month for new customers, but is a hefty £35.98 for existing customers.

My current contract runs out in September 2020, and through my Plusnet control panel I do have the option to extend my contract on ADSL broadband for the same price. But there's no option for fibre at a discounted rate.

Also, there's a possibility I may be moving house in the next six months, with no guarantee that fibre will be available in that area. What happens then? If I do sign up to fibre, but then find out my new home doesn't have the option, will I be downgraded to ADSL, and if so at what price?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Can I upgrade to fibre at a new customer price?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
molszewski
Grafter

Maybe try waiting till your contract runs out and then see when price it shows for upgrade in your plusnet portal. I upgrade last week from fibre to fibre extra and the portal gave me price lower than I was paying previously for a slower product. But I was out of contract so maybe that's why it showed me the lower price.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@AgentMildew A call to the Customer Options Team may well be worthwhile.

0800 013 2632

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)