Did you mean: 

Can I see if I'm in contract?

FIXED
peter6000
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Can I see if I'm in contract?

Hi all,

Is there any way I can see in "member centre" if I'm in contract and the start/end dates?

I'm 99% sure I'm out of contract, and I've had an email telling me my Line Rental Saver will expire on 6th August and it'll be £19.99 per month after that (unless I renew of course). But I plan to switch my whole Broadband/Phone away to another provider... so a follow up question would be, what's the best time for me to switch?

(I normally get my monthly bill on 7th of each month)

Thanks in advance!

Peter.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Can I see if I'm in contract?

If you are in contract, you should see something like the screenshot below. I can't say what an out of contract user would see, though.

PNC.PNG

John
peter6000
Grafter

Thanks John! I must be out of contract then not least because I've a my "Exclusive offer... blah blah" contract renewal banner.

I'll just hang on for anyone with suggestions on best time to switch before I mark the thread as fixed - but thanks again!! Cheesy

Screenshot from 2020-07-18 14-29-52.jpg

jab1
Legend

@peter6000 When did you take out your last contract, and how long was it for? I ask, because it looks to me like you are on a monthly rolling contract. I too have that (or a similar one) on my page, I just didn't include it in the snip as I didn't think it was relevant.

John
peter6000
Grafter

I'm not sure - hence the question! 😉

But I believe it was an 18 month contract that I took out 7th June 2018 (because I had a monthly discount that lasted until November 2019). Overlapping this has been annual line-rental-saver payments which is why I didn't bother to investigate a new contract or anything earlier... I'd been subconsciously plotting my escape!!

So I'm hoping that I'm good to go (as in, leave Plusnet) any time around now?

jab1
Legend

Fix

Peter, based on that, you are good to go - you just need to find out where you are going, sign up and ask the new provider to complete the switch on the 7th/8th.

Be aware though that you will lose any unexpired LRS.

John
peter6000
Grafter

Thanks John - you're a super-star!! Cheesy