cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I keep My PlusNet Account when moving to a TEMPORY address ?

Gramps
Dabbler

Can I keep My PlusNet Account when moving to a TEMPORY address ?

Is there any way to keep my PlusNet account (i.e. E-mail, web space, domain name, and referral credits etc)  while I am living at a temporary address for a couple of months.

I will not be able to set a connection up at this address as it is my parents house and they are with a different ISP.

Once I have a new house I will then want to transfer my current account to this new address, It is just the TEMPORY period in-between that I am not sure off. 

12 REPLIES 12
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Can I keep My PlusNet Account when moving to a TEMPORY address ?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hey @Gramps,

Don't suppose you'd know a definitive time that you'd be in the new property would you? We can do this (though it's not official ruling), but ideally not for an indefinite amount of time.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Gramps
Dabbler

@MattyC At the moment, no. I have to be out of my current house some time in June. It all depends on when I find a house that I want and how long it takes to complete the purchase hopefully not too long, I'm a bit old to be living with my parents Smiley

I would have thought no more than a couple of months if that but it all depends on the housing market.

Gramps
Dabbler

Just a thought, Is it possible to have a ADSL account with one ISP (My parents) and a separate FTTC account (Mine) with PlusNet on the same phone line. I'm not sure how the FTTC line works as I'm on FTTH.

Anotherone
Champion

Not on the same phone-line. I expect Matty will get back to you via PM.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One option is to downgrade to an email only contract which would keep everything in place

It is possible, when requesting a cease of service, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20.28 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some Member Centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellatio

Gramps
Dabbler

@Oldjim If I was to do this would I keep my current PlusNet web space & site etc?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think so but I am not sure - that would need staff to advise

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi Gramps,

You can always call our house moves team on 0800 013 2632 and they will be able to transfer your services to your parents address on a brand new line so it doesn't interfere with your parents service. Then once you do find a new property in which you are moving to permanently you can get your service transferred there.

Anotherone
Champion

At a price Roll_eyes

Gramps
Dabbler

Ok Bit of an Update,

Just this minute had my offer on a house excepted so will probably only be at my parents for a couple of months if that (While the paper works sorted) so the cost of installing another phone line etc. isn't really practical.

I will give customer support a ring nearer the time and see what they say as Chris hinted that it may be possible to keep my account if my temporary address is only for a short period.

Thanks for your input chaps Thumbs_Up

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That's good news. Smiley

I guess what will happen is there will (deliberately) be a bit of a delay between the house move terminating the service at your existing property and ordering/starting your service at the new one.

David