cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel broadband and phone line following increase email?

FIXED
plusmore
Grafter

Can I cancel broadband and phone line following increase email?

I have read through the notification email and I note it says

Your line rental will increase from £17.99 to £18.99 a month.
The cost of your Anytime call plan is increasing from £6.50 to £7.00 a month.
We're adding a fair usage policy to our call plans, so for 0845 and 0870 numbers you can make up to 150 calls or 1,000 minutes of calls each month.
Your Line Rental still includes free calls to other Plusnet Home Phone customers.
The cost of your broadband isn’t changing.

and then in the fine print it states:

If, as a result of the changes in this email, you decided to terminate your affected service(s), you may do so without incurring any early termination charges that may otherwise be payable. If you wish to exercise this right you must contact us within 30 days of receiving this notification and give us 14 days’ notice. You will still be liable for service charges up to the date of termination.

As my broadband cost isn't changing does this mean I can only cancel my landline and not my entire contract?

7 REPLIES 7
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: Can I cancel broadband and phone line following increase email?

Hi Plusmore, I am sorry that you feel that this change has brought you to this decision, 

In order to close the account you would need to request cancellation by one of the following methods.

You would need to give our Customer Options department a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0845 140 6002 between 8am - 8pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 7pm Sat and 9am - 6pm Sun.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

plusmore wrote:

As my broadband cost isn't changing does this mean I can only cancel my landline and not my entire contract?

If you were wanting to leave due to the price increase, we would waive the early termination fees on your account for both the phone and the broadband.

To discuss this further, the best number to reach our Customer Options Team on is 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving)

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@HarryB wrote:

If you were wanting to leave due to the price increase, we would waive the early termination fees on your account for both the phone and the broadband..

Note: If you migrate to a non-WBC ISP (such as Sky or Talk Talk [LLU providers]) you will receive a £30 cessation charge from BTw.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks @Townman

More information on the cease fee can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I thought the cease fee applied or did not apply, depending on the type order the gaining supplier places ? 

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-to-charge-cease-fee-for-LLU-migration/td-p/...

Message 4 from Chris

The cease fee is related to the type of order the gaining provider places and is directly related to whether we get charged a wholesale cease fee or not. If the gaining provider places the orders and the cease code is W or P then they are the ones we charge for.

Or am I reading this wrong , and it means that all migrations to LLU use codes W and P ?

Regards

Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Back in 2015 when Chris made that post, it was correct.

Unfortunately cease code (M) is also chargeable, and this covers LLU Transfer PSTN cease and Migration to LLU.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Thanks for the clarification Harry