Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID and Billing

FIXED
idxPN
Grafter

Caller ID and Billing

I look after my father's account and have got him a new phone with a caller ID display. Therefore, I want to switch on the caller ID service but have a couple of questions.

I am aware that there is no extra charge for switching on caller ID but does it do anything undesirable like kicking off a new 12 month contract?

My father has not been billed since September because of the new billing system fiasco. Can I safely use the online system to switch on caller ID myself or, given that the system is in such a mess, is it safer for staff to switch it on?

5 REPLIES 5
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Caller ID and Billing

Hi idxPN@

Caller ID is free and I can assure you that it doesn't put you into a contract.

We would advise contacting our customer service to add this facility to the account.

Customer support

• 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)
  • +44 345 140 0200 (from abroad)

7.30am - 10pm, every day

Kind Regards

idxPN
Grafter

I followed the advice above and phoned Customer Services on 3rd Feb and requested that caller-ID be enabled on my father's line. I was told it would be actioned within 24 hours.

The online system showed that caller-ID had indeed been enabled and so on 12th Feb I made the 3 hour journey to visit my father and take him his new phone and show him how to use it.

The caller display had worked fine when tested on my Plusnet line but failed to work on my father's line. I phoned Customer Services who initially advised that the callerID function was showing as enabled. However, I pointed out that Plusnet IT is currently riddled with faults and asked for further investigation. The operator duly confirmed that the caller-id function was in fact not working on my father's line but she would cancel & reinstate it and call my father back at 17:00 on the 14th to confirm all was OK.

Of course on the 14th the callerID was still not working and the promised call back did not materialise.

I would be grateful if someone at Plusnet could take ownership of this problem and fix it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Sorry for the experience you've had.

I've re-added caller display following the adviser removing it.

This should complete by tonight, let us know if the service works then.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
idxPN
Grafter

Many thanks for your help  It is working fine now.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

That's excellent news @idxPN.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team