cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call support nonexistent - thinking of leaving

tt293

Call support nonexistent - thinking of leaving

Dear Plusnet,
I am in the process of moving home and, over the last week, have tried calling your "support" hotline at various times during the day. Due to the nature of my job, I have to restrict these "calls" - meaning waiting in line listening to horrific music - to 10 to 15 minutes at a time.
It seems to me that Plusnet is unwilling to answer the phone the previously very good online support queries seem to be no longer available. Should I not hear from Plusnet by Tuesday evening to resolve the home move, I see no other option than to cancel my contract (in writing, obviously, as I assume trying over the phone will lead to the outcome described above) and move to a different provider at the new address.
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Call support nonexistent - thinking of leaving

Hi tt293,
Allow me to apologise for the long waits. We're well aware this is an issue from time to time and we're doing what we can.
Have you tried contacting web chat instead?
Do let me know if there's anything specific I can do for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

as far as I know web chat can't handle house moves
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It can't, apologies for the above info. The queues are looking a bit shorter than last week though. Hopefully it should continue in that manner.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
tt293

So, today I tried again at 7.30 in the morning - after all, you claim that your lines are open from 7.30 to 10pm. However, this does not seem to apply to home moves, as I was told by the automated system that this apparently falls into some category that you are only willing to deal with between 9 and 5.30.
The I tried again 20 minutes ago, as the customer support stats showed a short queue and an average answer time of 21 seconds. 15 minutes (=900 seconds) later, I don't think this figure is accurate.
It really seems to me that quitting and getting a new contract at the new address is a more straightforward and, given the opportunity costs involved in spending time in a silly phone queue, a cheaper way. It goes without saying that I will try a different provider next time, given my recent experience.
I have no idea why Plusnet have let their support deteriorate so much over the last two years. I don't care much about a small price difference to BT or god knows who per month, but I did appreciate the prompt and competent support I received back then.
Kind regards
wayo231
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi tt293,
Allow me to apologise for the long waits. We're well aware this is an issue from time to time and we're doing what we can.
Have you tried contacting web chat instead?
Do let me know if there's anything specific I can do for you.
Adam

It is an issue almost every day, not from 'time to time'. The web page on Customer Support Stats is a good way to see when it is a busy and a quiet time to call. However when the call volume is around 40 per 15min period, the wait time is typically around 30mins. Unless you call first thing in the morning or around 3pm it will usually be a very long wait, as I know from having called more times than I care to remember. When I worked in a call centre, the target was 15 calls per hour, so either your processes are very inefficient or you have barely 10 people on the phones at peak times. Given that most calls involve being bounced to another department, or put on hold for some minutes, I will credit you with a few more.
It may sound pedantic, but it is infuriating and patronising to be told the wait is approaching 30mins due to 'high call volumes'. These are NORMAL call volumes. They happen every day, at the same times. Of course if you didn't try to increase prices by 20% odd inside customers fixed term contracts, you would probably have fewer people calling to complain and ask if they can leave while still in contract and then calling again asking why they have been sent an email saying they will be billed for massive in contract cancellation charges, when they were originally told these wouldn't apply.
Very few customer will call to tell you how wonderful PlusNet is - they will be calling to complain, because something doesn't work, or you have done something they think is wrong. And very many of them like me will be calling about the same issue multiple times because they aren't dealt with and properly closed down at the first time of asking.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Yep I'm a pretty patient person but I do get wound up when I want to spend money and have to queue up for ages to do so [supermarkets in December come to mind].
I've tried 3 times to get through to the number on TV email and I've given up - it's so annoying.
chrcoluk
Grafter

big fail from plusnet, the ticket system was perfect for this type of situation, which exec had a brain fart?
wayo231
Dabbler

Quote from: chrcoluk
big fail from plusnet, the ticket system was perfect for this type of situation, which exec had a brain fart?

23 min today at 07:37. This is worse even the epic screwup known as Wanadoo, who kept people waiting a hour in the evenings, but answered at breakfast time in 3 rings. Top tip, call at 0759 just as the 0800 shift are logging on. At 0750 there were 4 calls waiting, so there are literally 1 or 2 people answering the phones at 0730. After another 5mins on hold I was told to disregard the email threatening me with 'an' outstanding balance being passed to an external agency, as like me, they could find no balance, nor any reason why I had been sent such a menacing email.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I finally got through yesterday at around 9.30am. It said a 15 minute wait I waited 16m.20s spoke to CS and he said I need to transfer you so I thought 'Oh here goes, another 15m wait. but it only took another minute, so all done and dusted within 30 minutes total.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Have you seen the new TV ads claiming how good their Support is? In another thread one customer has reported the ads to the ASA as misleading  Shocked