Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call out charge

FIXED
Whitaker100
Dabbler

Call out charge

Contacted Plunet as broadband was dropping out and telephone line crackled to the extent it was unusable. Plusnet said they would send an engineer the following week. Two days later I had a call from an engineer to ask if I still had a problem. He said he had located a fault at the exchange and the line had been 'tangled?' Immediatly the fault was resolved. Later that week an engineer arrived at my home. I explained about the call and said everything was fine again. He said he would check anyway as he was there.
Today I've recieved notification that I am to be charged £65 as no fault was found upon the engineers visit!!! Of course there was no fault, it had been fixed and I informed him of that.
Sick to death of Plusnets shocking service. Every couple of months there's an issue with the phone line or broadband. Worst service I have ever encountered and I can not wait until my contract ends with them.
10 REPLIES 10
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Call out charge

So had you told PN after the first engineer call?

Is that documented on your fault ticket?

If so you can go back and challenge the charge - if not…..

Whitaker100
Dabbler

No I didn't call Plusnet to inform them because as far as I was concerned they would be notified by the engineer who had dealt with it. To be honest it never entered my head to phone and update them just as I didn't phone them to say the engineer had visited and said everything was fine internally. Surely its Plusnets job to keep track of the faults since they are providing a service.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The art of mind reading fault repairs is tricky to master, particularly where one way communications is involved.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Whitaker100  You need to dispute this charge with Plusnet because they have stated that they no longer  pass on any engineer charge. See message 9 onwards in this thread......

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Internet-drops-ever-24hrs/m-p/1820328#M125008 

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @Whitaker100 - so sorry to see this. Drop me a PM with a good time to give you a call and I'll get this sorted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
Whitaker100
Dabbler

Any time before 1.00pm Will and thank you.
Whitaker100
Dabbler

Thank you for this.
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@Whitaker100 

What you have done is a normal post to the forum. You need to PM @WillF 

Click on his name in the last post and you will see an option to send a personal message. If you click that then you can send direct and not just a forum post.

Sorry to bitt in but hope this helps.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Fix

Hi @Whitaker100, I tried to give you a call but couldn't reach you. As per my voicemails, I've updated the ticket I've opened if you wouldn't mind getting back to me there: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=216656406

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
Whitaker100
Dabbler

What a muppet I am! Thank you so much for pointing this out. Much appreciated.