Did you mean: 

Call not recognized - Please investigate

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Call not recognized - Please investigate

Quote from: Ben
I've posted in other threads with the relevant section from our Ts & Cs

Can't be bothered to go hunting, but presumably these T&C's say something along the lines of "Plusnet are free to ignore published chargebands and charge for calls at a rate that is not advertised"?  ie  They can make the prices up as they go along...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is a bit odd as dq130 covers the following numbers 118414 and 118820 not 118120 and there hasn't been a recent change
Also BT retail have it here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_SpecialNos.pdf at £2.50 set up plus £2.50 per minute
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 398

Surely there has to be something which defines (at least!) which changeband a number falls into. From what I can see here BT retail have the call in a different changeband (dq47) to BTw (dq130) ?Huh
How is a customer meant to know what a call costs ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The OP called 118820, I didn't notice they had posted 118120!
@pwatson
No, they say that we don't have to publish every tariff.
@MisterW
No, but please see my thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115999.0.html . The operator of the number you're dialing should have a customer services line where they can advise on the chargeband for their number.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The website direct link has gone but this is from Google cache http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:9AoHceJVFFwJ:www.numbergroup.com/products-servi...; It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 3 Nov 2013 23:36:51 GMT. 
Not everyone’s phone book is packed with numbers for every service; more often then not we don’t search for a phone number until we need it, and sometimes that can be too late.
Whether you need to find the closest hotel, or if your car’s broken down and you desperately need a mechanic; wherever you are or whatever dilemma your facing, NumberGroup offer a directory service with a difference.
NumberGroup’s Personal Telephone Assistant not only provides a huge directory of numbers for every service or business in the UK, our dedicated team also can personalise the service to suit your precise needs.
Looking for the cheapest skip hire in the area? Maybe you haven’t got time to book a table at your favourite restaurant. When life gets in the way, NumberGroup is here to help, delivering a personal assistant service which searches for the best services for you, books hotels and restaurants in your name and just about any task which may require your time and sometimes your money.
By calling 118 820 between 8am and 8pm 7 days a week, NumberGroup’s Personal Telephone Assistant makes your life easier, delivering a user experience that organises things so you don’t have to, tailored to your exact requirements and with a friendly, personal touch.
This is the main website http://www.numbergroup.com/ but the product and services link now gives a 404 not found
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Ben
The OP called 118820, I didn't notice they had posted 118120!

Can you please confirm here (for visibility since it's been asked) what is Plusnet's charge for 118820 (dq130)?
Quote from: Oldjim
Personal Telephone Assistant makes your life easier, delivering a user experience that organises things so you don’t have to, tailored to your exact requirements and with a friendly, personal touch.

With those charges it sounds like they're charging for 'extras'.  Lips_are_sealed
It's about time these rip-off 118 services were banned - hopefully people will realise how expensive they are and stop using them.
Also BTw based services really ought to be charged at the same (published) rate as BT retail which is often not the case (sometimes a customer pays significantly more than 'advertised rates').
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

dq 130 is 274p for 60 seconds then 274ppm thereafter.
1min = 274p
2min = 548p
I have raised task 407384 for addition of dq130 to our website. Please also see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115999.0.html for further updates.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks Ben.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.