cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charges

Leights46

Call charges

I have noticed my latest bill has gone up by
£17 and while looking at the breakdown of the bill there are call charges for £19.74 where as previous bills have been £3.00 what are call charges and how do I keep this down as I never use my house phone for out going calls
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Call charges

You must have used it unless something is really screwed as if you never use it there shouldn't be any
Check the bill detail here https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_my_account
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Leights46,
It looks like there was a period where someone tried to call the same number about 60 times over the space of 10 minutes. Each time the connection charge occurred due to it being outside of the weekends period.
We can get you on anytime, though it may be worth finding out who made these calls first.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

someone tried to call the same number about 60 times over the space of 10 minutes
That averages out at 10 secs/call. That sounds like the number was engaged, so why was there a connection charge each time ?
I thought calls weren't charged until they are connected. Shocked

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've seen situations like this before. Last time, it was someone's son ringing through to voicemail over and over again.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I suspect it's more likely this
In the past when the telephone number that you were calling was engaged, you would hear the engaged tone and call back.  Now, every time you call a number and it is engaged, an automated voice tells you that the number is engaged and you are charged for the privilege!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Leights46

Get real there is only me and the wife live here as I've said we don't use house phone our mobiles are unlimited calls there's no way we would try and phone anyone twice never mind 60 #bullshit !! How about doing the same as virgin media and have options where you don't need a phone just the line
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Leights,
No offence intended here, apologies if caused. Do you recognise the number that was dialled?