Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charge info muddled to follow/

FIXED
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Call charge info muddled to follow/

I am on the Any Time tariff with free land line calls up 60 minutes. I thought any excess minutes would be charged at standard rate without imposition of the set up fee. PlusNet does not excel in clarity sometimes, and I have not succeeded in finding that rate, though I have found information that should have been removed years ago.

Call in question details, called # removed:

30/05/2019
20:26:45
01622******
UK Landline
1:10:08
£1.49
No

So, how has the charge for that extra 11 minutes been calculated, guessed or whatever?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
10 REPLIES 10
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Call charge info muddled to follow/

Hey @luzen,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the out of call plan charges there, you can find more info on the pricing here. The call setup charge is not applied in this circumstance.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Thanks.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Luzern
Hero

@Mads That's what I consulted but the actual VAT inclusive pence per minute charge for that call still eludes me: all I see are references to standard rate.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Fix
That page states:

“Inclusive calls that become chargeable are charged at the relevant rate until the end of the call. The call set up fee is not applied.
Standard call rates for UK and service numbers

Call set up fees
A call set up fee of 22p is applied to chargeable calls unless stated otherwise on this page.
These are the standard rates for calls to UK landlines, UK mobiles and non geographic numbers. UK rates include calls to the Channel Islands.
Number Rate at all times
01, 02, 03 13.50p
All mobile networks 15.00p

So the 60 minutes is taken as being inclusive and no call setup charge is applied.

The excess 11 minutes at 13.5p is 148.5p which rounds to £1.49

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Its a Pity the OP did not have it explained like that @Townman  Thumbs_Up

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The link in the OP just shows how much call charges have risen set up charge was 8p now 22p.

@JonoH - can you please flag the page for removal?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Townman wrote:
 can you please flag the page for removal?

Absolutely. Sorry for the confusion

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Jonpe
Hero

@Townman wrote:
 set up charge was 8p now 22p.

Before mobiles appeared the setup fee was £0.00.  As with everything else, once it's there, it's unlikely to disappear, and usually only goes one way, i.e. up.  Oddly, in the old days when each call caused wear and tear on the moving equipment in the exchange there was no setup fee, now that it's all done electronically there is a setup fee 'to cover the cost of connecting the call'.

My telephone provider charges 1p incl. VAT (0.8p evenings/weekends) for all UK landline calls and there is no setup fee.  The first month after I left PN my bill was 79p for calls that would have cost £12.76 with PN.

Luzern
Hero

@Townman  Thanks! I am really embarrassed  about that, but the text set-out led me to think it was all about set-up fees.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Do not worry - I had to dig into the page for answers. I feel that the initial response here could have been a little clearer ... but staff are busy!