cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Barring Charges

Ashleyt

Call Barring Charges

Would it be possible for someone to explain to me what these "call barring charges" are that have appeared on my bill this month and why I have received almost £30 of them?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Call Barring Charges

I've just looked into this and I can see that there are 3 x £5.76 call barring charges on the last bill.
This charge was applied each time your credit limit (which is set to £55 as standard) was exceeded which then leads to calls being barred and redirected to our call centre.
In the interest of helping you avoid these charges again in the future I'm going to reccomend that you take a few minutes to cast an eye over your last couple of itemised phone bills to see what's caused this to happen. it may be worth your while upgrading to an Anytime call package too.
Do let us know if you'd like to understand more about this and we'll do all I can to help you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ashleyt

Hi I will not be upgrading my package as I am moving to sky in the next 2 weeks, I am very unhappy with regards to these charges and I am confused as to why when I took this package with yourselves this was never never made aware to me. I have never received any terms and condition or welcome pack from yourselves as I have pointed out on a few occasions but still nothing has been done about this. I would also like to point out that on two of the occasions that I have been cut off I was informed that this had nothing to do with reaching my credit limit but infact due to an error on Plusnet's part. I have only been with yourselves since April and I have to say the that all in all the service I have received from yourselves within that small time has been pretty poor.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm surprised to hear that, all the call charges are pretty clear from the links on the main web page, and there are links to Ts&Cs as well. Did you not see them when you signed up? If you weren't on an anytime call package, surely you didn't expect to get your daytime calls for free?
Ashleyt

@Anotherone my post has nothing to do with daytime call charges, Im well aware that the T&Cs are available on the website my point was that I have not received a hard copy of this (as promised by plusnet) which means if I were to cancel then I would not be liable for any cancellation charges.
James
Grafter

That's not correct I'm afraid.
As the terms and conditions are available on the website, you would either have had to agree to them during signup, or if signed up over the phone you would have had 10 days to review them online.
What specifically is it cost wise that is making you move elsewhere? Your calls are a split between mobile and uk daytime calls which aren't covered on your call plan.  I am uncertain how or why you feel that we have misled you.
The charges are all valid as stated on our website.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ashleyt,
Quote from: Ashleyt
Hi I will not be upgrading my package as I am moving to sky in the next 2 weeks

Beware before you commit to another provider that you will have signed up for an 18 month contract with fibre, so there will be cancellation charges.
I would also like to point out that on two of the occasions that I have been cut off I was informed that this had nothing to do with reaching my credit limit but infact due to an error on Plusnet's part.

From looking at your account I can see that when you called on the 24th May, 1st June & 18th June regarding calls being barred you were informed each time that this was due to exceeding your credit limit.
I have only been with yourselves since April and I have to say the that all in all the service I have received from yourselves within that small time has been pretty poor.

I'm sorry you feel this way. We can increase credit limits but this will depend on a customer's payment history.
Jojo
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

given that this thread was over a month old before resurrecting by audiorover I have locked it and suggest discussion on this subject continues in the split off thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106614.0.html