CPI price increase. Doesn't add up?

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

CPI price increase. Doesn't add up?

0.7 + 3.9 right?

bill made up of 3 items.

line rental, correct.

fibre, correct.

call package, i make it 21p too much, not much i know but per month. even without taking in to account my discounted rate its still more than 4.6%.

this is all reference the email explaining price increases.

4 REPLIES 4
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: CPI price increase. Doesn't add up?

Hi @monkeyexpressPF, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear the email you received regarding the price increase doesn't seem right. I've looked into this for you and have updated a ticket on your account regarding the price increase and how this should impact your monthly charges which can be seen here.
I hope this helps and by all means should you see anything out of place on your next invoice once the price increase takes effect then feel free to give us a further nudge on here and we'll be happy to help.

monkeyexpressPF
Grafter

you've left me more confused.

you're reply says price rise is 4.9% but original email was correct at 0.7% + 3.9% = 4.6% but this didn't reflect in the price rises.

i didn't want to post figures here but i don't want to "wait till my next bill to see if anything is out of place".

my total bill per month is £40.25 so my new bill should be £42.10 but am going to be charged (as per the original email) £42.31.

my bill is 3 components, its the call package component that is incorrect and making the 21p difference.

i suspect its how my package discounts have been counted but:

"If you have a discount on your package price, the increase is applied to this discounted amount."

so very simply my bill should be £40.25 now + 4.6% = £42.10

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thank you for your response @monkeyexpressPF

Please refrain from posting contractual information in the public domain as this is specific to your account. I've sent you a follow up email which outlines the price increases, specifically to your call plan if you'd like to have a look. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I suggest that if an individual wishes to share information which illustrates their concern, then that is their choice.

I can though imagine that Plusnet might have some concern over such an action disclosing the variable price structure of its services.  There is a simple answer to such concerns - just offer a clear transparent price for the services.  Much like a loaf of bread on a super market shelf where everyone pays the same price for the same product.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.