cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPI increase on a fixed contract

The_Law

CPI increase on a fixed contract

I signed up to Plusnet last month on a 18 month fixed price deal for new customers, however less than 1 month in and I am being told the price is increasing at a rate much higher than CPI. The comparison website I used showed clearly the price would stay as the agreed amount for the term of the deal and would then increase after the fixed term and your website appeared to confirm this when I signed up. Please can you clarify whether Plusnet are honouring the original offer or whether the advertisement for the deal was intentionally misleading and the price was actually around 5% higher than advertised when I signed up. I know its only a small amount, but its the principle as this is a pretty crappy practice to be implementing for a business that supposedly has a good reputaion for being honest.

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: CPI increase on a fixed contract

Welcome to the forums, @The_Law . Plusnet have not had fixed price contracts for new or re-contracting customers since 20/10/20.

Any chance you could provide a link to the offer on the comparison site?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@The_Law 

Did you read the contract to which you agreed? It should have been emailed to you and also reside on a ticket on your account.

Can you post a copy of the part that states it’s fixed price here for us to read?

This is why we are sceptical https://www.plus.net/help/2021-pricing-changes-faq/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 I thought the cut-off point for new fixed price contracts was 20/10/20 - or have I been under a misapprehension?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The way price comparison sites present the headlines can falsely infer a fixed price deal ... £X for 18 months without a sign-post to the annual price rise is not exactly transparent onward selling by the third party ... albeit on the Plusnet landing page the annual price increase is clearly stated.

Broadband ChoicesBroadband ChoicesPlusnet product landing pagePlusnet product landing pagePrice change detailsPrice change details

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1

@Townman 

I agree that this is not clear. It would be interesting to know whether Plusnet approve or even monitor these adverts for accuracy. One must assume that they pay for introductions.

However, what I would like to see is a copy of the email that Plusnet send out when customers take out a contract, which is also replicated in a ticket on the account. At the end of the day if this mentions the CPI increases and advises the new customer that they have 14 days to cancel then I fear that it's a case of Caveat Emptor.

Moderator and Customer

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1 I already asked the OP on here (and a recent one on a similar thread) for this information, but neither have replied.

John
Baldrick1

@Townman 

I see that CPI increases are not mentioned against either BT or EE on this web site, so presumably it's a BT Retail more than just Plusnet issue.

Moderator and Customer