Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business vs Personal broadband

racquel
Grafter

Business vs Personal broadband

Long story cut short:
Small charity runs an outdoor event for young people 3 months a year, which requires a single phone line and broadband.
The area is market 1, but very rural so 7Mb max anyway.
We'd have to run the broadband all year anyway to keep the number, but Plusnet are still £180 cheaper than what we were getting from TalkTalk (yay!).
I'm struggling to see any difference between a business and residential package in any case, and now there's this £100 residential cashback offer...
Basically, what are the implications of just taking the residential package for the same price, getting the £100 cashback, and having £100 more in the charity coffers?
Can anyone put a REALLY solid case above an beyond support response times?
4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Business vs Personal broadband

You are best on a business package as this would seem to meet your needs more than that of a residential package. As well as the contract itself though, we have a dedicated business support team, improved response times of provisioning and fault issues as well as the option for enhanced care should you require it (at a cost). In addition, you get the webby things not included on new residential packages such as web space, a domain name etc.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
racquel
Grafter

Quote from: plusnettony
You are best on a business package as this would seem to meet your needs more than that of a residential package. As well as the contract itself though, we have a dedicated business support team, improved response times of provisioning and fault issues as well as the option for enhanced care should you require it (at a cost).

I'm still struggling to differentiate, though. The call plans, speed, traffic management...  support response speeds aside, it all seems to be pretty much the same.
Quote from: plusnettony
In addition, you get the webby things not included on new residential packages such as web space, a domain name etc.

As a charity we get most of that free from Google anyway. Anyone else give me a solid reason for one over the other?
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Racquel
How would it be if the broadband was unavailable for 5-7 days(residential), compared to 2-3 days for business; you pays your money you make your choice.
A charity I support choose, on my reccomendation, a business connection for this reason.
Ian
joclark
Grafter

Good morning, Ian is correct in time frames in fixing the broadband. If the connection is only used 3 months of the year and there was a problem with your connection you want the fixed as soon as possible.
However, the choice is yours to make, as you are a charity you are able take a residential service. However please consider the implications and the downtime you could possibly experience if a fault occurs.

Thank you