Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband price rise - not in FAQ & we weren't informed

FIXED
grahamt
Rising Star

Broadband price rise - not in FAQ & we weren't informed

This is really on behalf of my elderly father-in-law, whose account I help to manage. He's been with Plusnet since 2008 and for some time now has been on a legacy tariff (Plusnet essentials with included 10GB bandwidth, without Plusnet phone). The cost was £5-99 a month. Today he received a bill for £6-99.

OK, you might say, Plusnet announced a range of price rises in the summer, to start on Sept 1st. But a) this tariff wasn't mentioned (understandably, as I don't imagine many customers are still on it) either in news items or in the FAQ and, more importantly, b) no message was sent informing him of this price rise. He didn't get a message in his Plusnet mailbox, and I know he didn't get one in his 'contact' mailbox, because that's my address.

It's probably not worth making a big fuss about this, but it would be nice if someone from Plusnet could explain why this price rise was implemented without announcement and why the customer was not informed in advance.  If a staff member were to PM me I could pass on the details of my father-in-law's account.

Has this happened to anyone else?

23 REPLIES 23
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Broadband price rise - not in FAQ & we weren't informed

If an email was sent a copy of it should be in a closed service notice on the account (choose date range). Can you find one of these dated around the middle of July? It is likely to be posted on a date different from billing date with time 00:00:00 (midnight)?

David
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@spraxyt

The email will not show on the closed tickets as outlined by Chris (Plusnet Staff) in https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Price-rise-email/m-p/1353538#M22895

They won't show on closed question, they aren't added there I'm afraid. .....

the address these come from would be similar to plusnet@comm.plus.net - different to the normal billing emails you receive.

I'm afraid we can't resend them.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

that is assuming it was sent in the first place https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Price-Rise-email-not-received/m-p/1360269  see last post in the thread

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@SpendLessTime

Thanks for mentioning that. In my case the price rise email was added to my closed tickets, dated the same as my email.

David
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks, all. I'll check on the closed tickets tomorrow.

grahamt
Rising Star

I checked both my own account and my father-in-law's by searching in the closed questions between 01/06/16 and 01/09/16.

I found the message about the price and service conditions changes in my own account, dated 30/06/16, which is about when I remember receiving the email.

However, there was no equivalent message in my father-in-law's account.

I'm wondering whether it's worth taking this further. There's a point of principle - about informing customers of changes - but I'm not sure if the end result of a complaint would be worth the effort. Maybe it is, as there's another person I know (also elderly) who used to be on this tariff and who probably hasn't changed it.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@grahamt Could you drop me a PM with the username for your Father-in-law's account please. I'll look in to this and make sure it's dealt with appropriately.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks Harry. I've now done that.

Timbo

Hi

I too am on the Plusnet Essentials 10Gb package and noticed tonight that the price had risen from £5.99 to £6.99. Can you confirm that an email was sent previously notifying me of the increase as I must have missed it and was totally unaware of the change?

Thanks

Tim

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@grahamt Thanks for the PM with the username. Apologies for the delay acknowledging this.

@Timbo & @grahamt I've raised a ticket on both of the accounts in question here, unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get back to you both today with more information, but I've now got note of both accounts and will provide an update via the accounts as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks again, Harry.

Timbo

OK, thanks for your help with this

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks for your patience with this matter. Apologies for the time it's taken me to get back to you.

Looking in to this I don't believe notifications were sent out to either of you, so I will have to echo the response I gave Oldjim on another thread:

@HarryB wrote:

Oldjim- Following my previous response, I've received the following to advise you.

We’re really sorry we weren’t able to email some of you about our upcoming price changes but don’t worry, you will not be impacted by these changes for 30 days after receipt of a reissued pricing email. We will also credit your account with any changes to your package price and will ensure you’re not impacted by any other charges.

I'll be refunding the cost difference on your previous invoice and I believe the price change emails will be sent out to you both within the next week or so.

I hope this helps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks a lot, Harry. Much appreciated.