cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband overcharging - £150 per month!

marthatorres
Dabbler

Broadband overcharging - £150 per month!

It appears that we were switched from an unlimited package to a limited package without our consent - racking up huge bills.

Wait times for answering the telephone are 30 mins and then no one answers. I have now sat through an hour of music with no help.

Could someone provide a help email address so I can actually get in touch with someone?

Chat does not appear to work either.

51 REPLIES 51
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Broadband overcharging - £150 per month!

Hi there. 

That charge seems very steep ! You need to contact someone in accounts and billings to put this  right.

Unfortunately  Plus net don't provide an email address to contact them about anything. It's either ring them and wait, raise a ticket or use the online Chat. I strongly suspect support are very busy due to the dreadful weather at the moment resulting in connection problems.

Alternatively a Plus Net staff member may pick up your topic , more likely in working hours. Good luck with getting your problem sorted. 

@marthatorres wrote:

It appears that we were switched from an unlimited package to a limited package without our consent - racking up huge bills

Could someone provide a help email address so I can actually get in touch with someone?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I can't help but any change but have a look here at view all questions asked at the approximate time https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html you should also check where your email notifications are going as you should have picked up the first one - here is where it should be stated  https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0

marthatorres
Dabbler

Thanks for your comments. I have managed to get through to someone and I'm expecting a call back...

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Good luck with solving this overcharging issue . Let us know if you experience further problems. It's been seen before in various situations.

Plus Net staff who inhabit these forums often follow up customers complaints  and provide explanations and further assistance and  it's likely there would be interest in your topic from them to improve customer service standards.  

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@runhare wrote:

It's been seen before in various situations.

Where? When? It must be a few years since Plusnet last offered metered usage broadband packages to new customers.

runhare
Aspiring Pro

@ejs

Here's  one example that I didn't need to post on the forums. I helped a friend who had a legacy product from plus net, an  ADSL package with a low data limit . When going over  the limit he was paying £5 per gb . He contacted me to ask why his bill was so high and we updated his account to fibre. This was meant to be an unlimited data package. despite being sent a VDsL router, for eight months he thought he was on an unlimited fibre package and he was paying for it.  Actually, he was still on the old ADSL package with the data limit. Neither Plus Net or BT /OR had actioned the order which had become stuck in the system as they say.  After 8 months His bill was immense as he believed he could download unlimited data.  In his case Plus Net quickly did the right thing and refunded both his fibre fee and his additional data download charges. 

marthatorres
Dabbler

So, I've spoken to some one and they were very helpful. However, the problem is not fully resolved and more discussions to follow tomorrow.

The original package was "Plusnet Extra Fibre" which I believe I was sold as an unlimited package (they say this was impossible as unlimited packages were not available at that time). However, note that there is no data figure in the title.

However in the bill of Feb 2014 this was renamed "Plusnet Extra Fibre 250". It seems odd that they would feel the need to change the name - there is no mention of the data cap in the earlier bills.

Over the last six months, we have gone from paying normal bills to been hugely overcharged on a monthly basis.

Why can't companies just do the right thing and upgrage customers to the newer packages rather than taking the opportunity to profiteer?

I am happy to pay a fair price for a good service and would have probably remained a customer for the next 20 years if it weren't for this issue.

P.S. I am surprised how active these forums are..

runhare
Aspiring Pro

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Also is there any reason  you can think of as to why your usage has now gone over the 250gb / month  limit ? 

marthatorres
Dabbler

Thanks for finding that information. That tallies with my discussion today.

Maybe 250GB seemed like an unlimited amount of data at the time... Wink

marthatorres
Dabbler

A very expensive equation

Children + PS4 + Netflix > 250GB

marthatorres
Dabbler

Our current download speed seems to be 37MB which seems pretty ordinary compared to what is available from other providers. I don't know if Plusnet can provide a faster connection than this..

BT have ULTRAFAST 1 Speed guarantee of at least 100Mb/ Up to 152Mb for £54.99 (Unlimited data!)

My past experiences with BT have not been very good - but around 3x the speed for 1/3 of the price sounds attractive.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

That seems to indicate FTTP is available to you.

Can you provide a screenshot from the DSL Checker please? (hide your personal details)

marthatorres
Dabbler

Thanks.. here it is

Broadband.jpg