cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband discount not being applied

dostewart

Broadband discount not being applied

I agreed a new 18 month discounted contract with Plusnet in late December 2018  (for my broadband). When I received my January bill I found I was charged the full amount of £10.99 instead of the discounted amount. I contacted customer service via chat and they said a mistake had been made and that I would receive a refund within 7-10 days. I never received the refund and now I find that my discount has not been applied to my February bill either!

Can somebody please sort this out properly for me please?

17 REPLIES 17
SueC

Re: Broadband discount not being applied

I had exactly the same, but three months had gone by before I noticed I was being overcharged. 

Spoke to Customer Services this morning (half an hour of my life I'm never going to get back) and have been promised a credit on next month's invoice. 

Time will tell.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @dostewart,

I'm very sorry that you have been overcharged on your January and February bills due to the discounts not going onto your account correctly and for any inconvenience that this has caused. It's disappointing to see that the agent that you spoke to last month didn't rectify this and I'll pass on feedback.

I've added the agreed monthly discount to your account for the remainder of your contract and I've sent a refund to cover your overcharges on the last two bills. This refund will be back in your bank account within 5-10 working days.

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced the same issue @SueC - the credit is showing on your account now but please let us know if there are any problems with your next bill.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Rich01

Hi @EmilyD

I had an online chat with an advisor yesterday about the same issue with my account (I'm about to be overcharged for the 3rd month). They told me it was a widespread problem they couldn't fix at the moment and I would be refunded whenever it got sorted out. So were they lying? Can you sort this out please? I've got the chat transcript if you would like it?

Thanks

Rich
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Rich01,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query and apologise if this has not yet been resolved for you.

I have looked into this and sent a response here.

Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

prw

Seems I am in the same boat.  Agreed to renew contract in January to start in February. Latest bill, which covers the first month of the new contract shows that the discount has not been applied .  Would appreciate if this could be looked into and put right.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @prw,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear this has occurred. I have looked into this and replied via the account here. This is due to my response containing account sensitive information.

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
prw

Thanks for looking into this SammyM, hopefully my bills will be correct from now on.

SimonCruddace
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I've got a similar situation, my contract was coming to an end and Sky last month had a good deal, so I contacted Plusnet via the chat and was offered a discounted deal for 12 months. I also requested to pay the line rental 12 months up front and was offered a cash back (cheque) to renew, all agreed to. I have received the cheque, but have not had the line rental taken, and have today had an email saying I'll be billed this month for the full regular fibre price with no discount applied. I've tried the chat on and off, don't really want to sit for 25 minutes or more in the queue to talk to someone

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @SimonCruddace, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your Line Rental Saver.

To confirm, was no payment taken during the re-contract process?

SimonCruddace
Hooked

No, nothing. I assumed it would be done via the existing direct debit, but I've just re-checked my bank statement and no payment has left my account in that time.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @SimonCruddace

Thanks for getting back in touch and I am sorry to hear you've been having problems with your Line Rental Saver and your recent invoice.

I have responded to you via a ticket on your account here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

david_haycox

I have an identical issue in that my agreed discount for Fibre Extra has not been applied. I spoke with billing today and they said that my discount was on the system but there was a known issue and I might not get a refund until my 18 month contract expires !! I was offered no refund and told to wait until the issue is fixed. I will be out of pocket by £12 a month. Hopefully this can be looked at and the issue rectified.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi david_haycox @

We're really sorry to hear that you have been affected by one of our billing issues after the update.

This isn't the service we aim to provide nor pride ourselves on but due to the nature of the issue we physically cannot view some customers billing which stops the facility for refunds.

However, I do believe your account may have been remedied and I have provided an update for you here

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards

SimonCruddace
Hooked

I have responded via the question asking about how you've worked out the refund amount, as it doesn't appear correct to me.