cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband discount not applied and Line Rental Saver renewal issue

Lemming88

Broadband discount not applied and Line Rental Saver renewal issue

On the 19/01/19 I called and negotiated a discount of £9.98 a month on my broadband charges in exchange for recontracting for 12 months. I have subsequently received and paid two bills where this discount has not been applied.

At the same time as recontracting, I tried to renew my Line Rental Saver. I was told there was an issue with raising an invoice for this but the amount would be taken via my next direct debit payment. A few days later, after receiving no confirmation of renewal, I called again and was told a renewal had not been actioned after all. I paid the renewal charge over the phone and was told that Line Rental Saver would run for 12 months in line with my broadband contract. However on my first bill since recontracting I was charged £18.99 for Line Rental, so I suspect it ends a month after my broadband contract finishes. Not what I asked for or what I was advised.

I would much appreciate these two issues being investigated and a refund for both the overcharged broadband and line rental (£38.95 in total). Question #186627719 on my account clearly states the breakdown of what I was expecting to pay after recontracting.

Many thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

4 REPLIES 4
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: Broadband discount not applied and Line Rental Saver renewal issue

Hi Lemming88,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues on your account regarding LRS and your broadband discounts.

I have reviewed your account and I have updated you on the action I've taken to resolve this here

Please do not hesitate to get back to me if you have any questions or concerns

Lemming88

Hi @Satss ,

Thank you for investigating this and updating me on your actions. I've been left a bit confused because I've received an automated email informing me a refund has been processed that is for a different amount (£28.97) to what you agreed would be processed (£38.95). Could you shed some light on this for me please?

Anon
Pro

Don't fo rget that if anyone raises a DD for the wong amount you can get an instant repayment by  your bank. They will r  efund without question a DD that you say is fo r an incorrect amount.

https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/directdebitguarantee.aspx

• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
  • If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Lemming88 thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry for any confusion caused. I have responded via the support ticket here

If you have any questions please let me know