cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband, customer service and billing problems.

Deleted19022019

Broadband, customer service and billing problems.

Today I received a notification that PlusNet will debit £41 as my monthly broadband and phone charges. I get the feeling that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. My broadband disappeared on the 1st February. PlusNet found within a couple of days that I am was removed from BT Openreach systems. My neighbour a PlusNet customer has had no such issues but problem is that some lines were 'retired by BT and I needed to be reinstated, funny that I still have phone. This reinstall was initiated some two weeks ago with a 48 hour working day notice. My question came off hold and I again asked what was happening on Friday 15th. Similar reply this second time but I would not be charged for the missing broadband and even a little compensation for my trouble.

On phoning customer service (a 20 minute wait when it stated 10), [CSA Removed] informed me that they will still take £41. I struggled to put my case across and he eventually authorised a £17 rebate which will be credited some time after my £41 is deducted from my account.

Dealing with PlusNet has been difficult. The online chat rarely loads, when it does nothing much happens. There is only FAQs by way of customer service resolution of issues on line (a borrowed internet connection that I have been forced to use), hence why I hung onto the phone for 20 minutes. There is no complaints department. I figure that after waiting 17 days  I have already been patient, a patience which is rewarded by PlusNet boosting its profits by raiding my account. In the 3 weeks it will take to supposedly reconnect me, BT could have laid fibre cable to my door. How do I know this? Well, the gas people renewed the gas pipe down the length of my street and upon reaching me, disconnected my supply this morning and reconnected it this afternoon. Two weeks. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

1 REPLY 1
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Broadband, customer service and billing problems.

Hello, @Deleted19022019 I am deeply sorry to hear about the recent experience you have had with our services and the invoice you have received.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.