Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband & landline migration problem?

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband & landline migration problem?

I've placed an order for your fibre service, we're now just waiting for the confirmation date which will come through to us hopefully today but definitely within the next 24 hours.
The order has now been placed though Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The earliest available date is the 7th May 8am - 1pm, sorry I can't get any earlier. I hope this is OK for you?
smasher
Dabbler

7th May 8am - 1pm is fine by me.
My actual BE termination date is either the 6th or 7th May so hopefully the engineer deffo turns up lol.
I'll double check my termination date but if its the 6th,  It wont cause any probs for the install with no active broadband on the line on the install date 7th?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No, everything will be fine for the 7th.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi smasher,
I've just checked on your order and we've been advised that the engineer is running late but will be with you this afternoon.
Sorry for the delay, let me know how you get on.
smasher
Dabbler

Hi Chris
Engineer did phone around 1pm to say that he would be a couple of hours late, turned up around 5.15pm lol, was very apologetic, a couple of his previous jobs turned into nightmare's he said.
Anyhow he didnt hang around with the install and was all done within 30mins, all working fine.
I think my speeds maybe higher than the estimated 37mb/6mb but not sure if im locked on the 40/10 profile or not, as my speeds were maxed at 40/10 on his tablet thing, I dont know how these things work, could this be looked at.
Im glad its all sorted now and landline/broadband both across with plusnet Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear that its finally installed.
I've placed a modify order to move you over to the 80/20 product, this will complete tomorrow and hopefully we'll see some improvement.
smasher
Dabbler

My speed's have now gone up to around 45download 13 upload from what I can see so far, so very happy.
Thanks for all the help on my switchover!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great to hear Smiley
Hope everything is now how you initially expected.
Give me a nudge if there's anything else.
smasher
Dabbler

Everything is running great apart from my bill lol, could this be looked at please as I think its wrong.
What's happened is that because the initial cancelled fibre install was 11th April, it's auto set that as my billing date, So 1st monthly was bill 11th May but fibre wasnt activated until 7th May.
The problem with that is I paid for a months fibre in advance when placing order but only had it active from 7th-11th May and now been billed for another month so believe im due a refund of almost a month on that.
I also paid upfront for the 12month LRS but line rental is on the bill along with some prorata deduction for talk anytime.  Im not sure if the LRS has kicked in yet or not?

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've arranged a refund for the line rental that you were charged as you've taken the Line Rental Saver. I can see we've also credited for the time you were without service.
The refund will take 7-10 days to process into your account, I hope this helps.