cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband & landline migration problem?

smasher
Dabbler

Broadband & landline migration problem?

I've just raised a ticket but thought i'd post in here in case anybody can help or has a similiar experience.
Im migrating my broadband and landline away from BE.  I thought all that was involved was getting the MAC key and then plusnet will move them both over without any loss of service.
My plusnet fibre install is on Thurs 11th April and then plusnet will takeover the landline around 2 weeks later.
I've only just realised though that BEthere will cease the landline as soon as the fibre is activated as they dont allow customers to have a landline service without a BB product.  So I need both the fibre and landline migration to go live on the same day, can this be done? or else I will have no landline or broadband on the 11th April for the next 2 weeks or so,or have I got it wrong?
25 REPLIES 25
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband & landline migration problem?

Hey Smasher,
As far as I know, we're unable to process this at the same time, Simultaneous orders are for transfers that are coming from an LLU network and not within the BT Network.
The only other choice we've got for you, is to do it the other way round, transfer the phone service over first, and then place the transfer for the FTTC afterwards (Not sure this is do-able, but that's just my logical brain thinking) - So BE won't take into consideration the transfer period to another provider?
It seems a little harsh to cease a service just after it transfers, defeats the whole purpose of it.
I'd get in contact with them and have them remove the cease from the line.
Hope this helps,
Matt
smasher
Dabbler

Thx for the reply,  I agree with what you suggest, the landline needs to come over 1st and the FTTC install to be delayed until then Sad that's if it can be done that way as you say.
I still have until the end of the month with BE before they terminate my service but I can extend that.
So I need to know now, can plusnet 100% transfer the landline 1st? and if so can that process get started asap.
It's basically my only option as BEthere will 100% cease the landline as soon as another company activates broadband on it.

PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

It's odd that BE would do that when O2 ( which own BE ) are happy to allow home phone line's to run up to the point Plusnet take over the line.
My O2 broadband changed over to PlusNet a few weeks before the home phone did & O2 kept the phone service running until the swop over day.
NedLudd
Grafter

In my case, when I moved from Sky, I had to call Sky and have them take the 'cease' off my landline (which they did immediately).
The phone/BB was then stopped on the morning of transfer and the phone restarted about 2 hours after Fibre was installed!
Geoff,
York.
markm9
Grafter

when i moved over from sky, fibre install was first, then my landline went over two weeks later, with no loss of service on my phone line Smiley
smasher
Dabbler

It's silly but thats thier policy even though they are part of o2,  they can only provide a  landline service if their own broadband service is running on it Sad  Terminate/migrate their broadband and instant landline cease, it's a joke.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Hey smasher,
I'm not working tomorrow myself, otherwise I'd try and sort this out for you. Best option might to give our provisioning team a call (theres an option on the IVR for updates on an order?) - They're available 9am to 9pm - They'll certainly be able to provide the correct answer.
Regards,
Matt
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi smasher,
Looks like the order's been changed and we're now taking over the line first, hope that sorts everything? Sorry about the confusion there.
smasher
Dabbler

Hi.
That should sort it all out perfectly, line coming 1st then the fibre,  only downside is the fibre being delayed but that's the only way of it happening, so thanks to all for sorting it.
Thankfully BEthere have agreed to put an extra week on the end of my cancellation date as well so Im covered for the fibre delay.
smasher
Dabbler

I've got this ticket today #68170127
The order for your phone service has been unsuccessful. We'll look into this and contact you if there are any problems.

Not 100% sure what is going on.
Also today was the day I was going to have the fibre installed, CS said that has been cancelled as agreed but ive still had emails today saying that the install will be today, is this just automated emails and they havent caught up with the cancellation or is this and my ticket tied in somehow.
thx
Edit - also just noticed some closed tickets from today indicating the fibre install is happening today, I really hope its not Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It won't be happening today as per the updates to ticket 68009142 - a phone transfer order has been placed which is due to complete on the 25th and the broadband order will be placed for you as soon as that's complete. Hope everything does go smoothly, sorry that it's not completed in the original timescale mentioned though I hope the ticket explains why.
smasher
Dabbler

Hi, hopefully the landline will come over tomorrow 25th,  Bethere have told me that for me to continue receiving their broadband after the landline migration until I get fibre installed that plusnet must not put a cease on the line when the landline is being taken over, or my broadband will stop working tomorrow, tbh im not sure what it all means. I have mentioned it in my current ticket. 
Anyhow whatever happens could plusnet give me the earliest available appointment for my fibre install once the landline part has cleared tomorrow, somebody will be available in the home every day and any time slot is good, the sooner the better lol.
Thx.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've not placed any cease on your line so you've nothing to worry about there, as soon as the phone order has completed on our systems tomorrow we'll be able to place the fibre order. We'll book you in for the earliest available date and confirm that with you.
smasher
Dabbler

Thx Chris, looks like phone has switched over and no probs with broadband as you said Smiley 
Just the fibre to come now.