cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband & Phone order for Friday

alms1407

Broadband & Phone order for Friday

Hi,

I placed an order for Broadband and Phone line (house move) which is due to be complete on Friday.

I want to ask if this will be a simultaneous order -- I was under the assumption that both can be activated at the same time which would be ideal, as I don't really want to have to wait for the phone line, then wait again for the internet.

Also, my home is eligible for fibre internet but the initial order is set to ADSL. Is it problematic to change this for Friday or should I let the ADSL order go through and then place an update -- if so, how long does this take?

For reference my account name is: [Removed] and the original ticket is: 132677742

Thank you!

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) account name removed. 

2 REPLIES 2
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Broadband & Phone order for Friday

Good Afternoon Andrew, 

Unfortunately as no spare connections were available when the order was placed, so SIM code was generated to match a broadband order to this phone provision, due to this we'd need to place the broadband order after the phone is up and running, you can choose either ADSL or Fibre at that point, but I would suggest starting with the ADSL as that takes 4 working days to provision whereas Fibre can be around 2 weeks to get up and running.

Looking at your order however, external cabling is still required to be completed and Openreach are due to review this Thursday, as of this moment in time, we cannot confirm when an engineer will be round to complete the final install of the line.

alms1407

Re: Broadband & Phone order for Friday

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Ah, that's a shame, I'll wait and see if I hear anything if the engineer visits tomorrow then.

Is it too late to now generate a SIM code to match a broadband with the phone line?

Thank you.