cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband allowance and usage

IanSn
Rising Star

Broadband allowance and usage

Due to unexpected GBs being used on Apple updates I had to add the £5 extra to my allowance.

At the time I did recall that if this extra 5GB was not all used it would be rolled over.

Either I was mistaken or this is no longer the case. Seems I have 1 day to use 5GB or lose it. Hmm, better go an find some stuff to download I suppose.

I'd never have made those updates if I'd known/realised.

(Hmm, American spell check doesn't know how to spell 'realised' in English...)

7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband allowance and usage

Extra usage on Plusnet has never rolled over in the 15 years I've been with them.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
IanSn
Rising Star

Could've sworn... oh well!

(Note to self - never do that again.)

Edit - just noticed you can alter the amount. Maybe just a couple of gigs would've been more suitable. If I understood correctly.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

From the third edition of Oxford Paperback Dictionary (1988 😞

[quote]Words ending in -ize and -ization (such as realize and realization) may also be spelt with s instead of z. [/quote]

but not -ise to -ize.

Living languages change over time: I still frequently use the 1957 OED preferred connexion rather than connection (which just pointed to connexion for the definition); later editions listed connexion as archaic.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
IanSn
Rising Star

Yes, connexion was normal when I was at school, then it just seem to vanish from use.
At some point the common z in words like realize seemed to stop, too, but not in US. UK spell checkers (since computers) will correct to s as often as US checkers will remove 'colour' or 'levelling'.
I like 'connexion'. Bring back connexion!
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@IanSN  - You must be on an obsolete package -don't think PN have offered limited packages for a couple of years. MAY be worthwhile ringing retentions to see whether they can offer you a better (££) deal on one of the current packages

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@IanSn wrote:
I like 'connexion'. Bring back connexion!

I'll vote for that Thumbs_Up Thumbs_Up  Thumbs_Up 

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
sorryimoved
Dabbler

Undecided i had "on demand" added to my SKY+ box awhile ago and like a kid with a new toy, without realising, went mad on watching stuff. Turns out I had max 10gb on with plusnet and ended up with a huge £33+ bill one month. On calling them, they had an UNLIMITED broadband package available and hoisted me on that. I gave SKY up in disgust, so dont even use it; but guess once its finished, Il just resort back to the 'limited' and never make the same mistake again.. we meant to learn by our mistakes, arent we..HmmWink