Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Usage

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband Usage

We'll make sure everyone who's affected gets sorted out when the fix rolls, I'm afraid as things stand we've still not got a date set. We will of course let you know more when we do.
trymyluck
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Matt or Jo
I am still unable to view my daily broadband usage although, from what you say, PN have a fix they will be applying. However, I note that Pn are able to show my monthly usage so why on earth is there any problem in showing daily usage? I was able to see daily usage figures until six or so weeks ago.
trymyluck
Rising Star

Hi Matt and Jo
Although my monthly broadband usage is still shown my daily usage is still unavailable as it has been for the past six or so weeks. Is ther any likelyhood  that this facility will be reinstated in the near future ? I would have assumed that my daily usage, being aggregated to arrive at my monthly usage, was readily available. 
kdoug007
Grafter

try  have  u  tried the WWW..PLUS.NET/MY.HTML?
I  LOOKED  at  mine a  few  moments  ago  and  showed  my  dailu  usage  and  theb for the  week also  under  summary,,
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

kdoug007 there is a problem with trymyluck's account which Plusnet are trying to fix, yours may be working but trymyluck's isn't. Also you didn't post a link that was usable.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi trymyluck,
I've just done a bit of maintenance on your account that will hopefully fix the issue, we'll know within in a couple of hours. Unfortunately if it doesn't work it's likely to be part of a wider problem that'll take longer to fix, but we'll see what happens - either way it's an issue we're aware of and we will get it sorted for you. Sorry about this.
mattharesign

mine has been broken for what seems like months now.  I've also apparently exceeded my monthly allowance but nobody can tell me by how much!  i've added a cap of an extra £5 but seeing as i've 9 days to go until the limit resets i'm going to be on the terribly slow 256k when the extra 5gb runs out. 
that's approx 1 xbox game, and I've got 4 in the queue with no way of scheduling them for free usage, so they will have to wait i think.
what would be nice is an enhanced allowance, much the same as the adsl guys are currently getting (i'm on the 80/20 fibre trial) which is being discussed elsewhere on these forums.  what would be even better is unlimited usage...
trymyluck
Rising Star

Hi Matt
Still no joy regarding my hourly/daily/ weekly Broadband Usage reporting. I first raised the matter under Question I.D 54778466 on 25/04/12. I then received Service notices #s 132916929 and 135227721 saying ''Broadband Usage has been reset'' Recently there was a message from, I think, yourself to the effect that '' Provisioning of your ADSL Account information. ADSL Realm change from plusdsl.net to plus.net. Can you please explain where the problem lies and give me some definite information as to when it will be resolved . Also, what information are the messages on Help Assistant trying to convey.
Regards
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Basically it's the traffic management system that aggregates the usage, the issue is with the association of that usage against your account. It is being stored, but isn't showing unfortunately. The work I did there was to try and get the system to update, unfortunately it didn't work so it'll need to be looked into by one of our development team.
I'll make sure that happens for you and update you with the associated problem ID as soon as I have one.
mattharesign

hilarious update on my issue:
still no usage showing, and the extra limit of £5 i set appears to have been ignored as well!
(i was billed £38 odd, which is a tenner more than my bill should be, and a fiver more than the £5 limit i set months ago to ensure i didn't get any terrible bill-shocks)
luckily the complaints dept have said they will waive any extra charges, so it remains to be seen what will actually happen.
ttfn
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, the problem ID is 69949 - we're looking into it but I'm afraid there's nothing to report at the moment.
Mardler
Rising Star

This looks like the same problem I'm having so maybe I should've posted here.
My usage page says I've disconnected or have a new account(!) and isn't showing current month data. Previous months are there but aggregated.
Data is obviously being stored as I've had the limit breach emails.
I'd switch to Extra 60Gb now but it won't be implemented immediately; if I did, when will it apply?.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Mardler,
It appears you are suffering from the same issue. Any account changes would apply from your next billing date.
Chris
Mardler
Rising Star

Thanks, Chris.
It's a bit of a pain because I was monitoring useage after starting to listen more to internet radio. The 15Gb limit was breached in July so I wanted to have a look in September before switching to the 60Gb plan.
Guess I'll just have to switch before Aug 15 (billing date) anyway and add additional useage as I go.
(My decision to watch a lot of Olympics internet video doesn't help my monitoring, either! Already 6Gb over 15 with a week to go.)