Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Usage Limit

summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Broadband Usage Limit

Something stange happening on my account, got the email yesterday that I've reached my broadband usage limit. However logging onto my account and checking the usage, and it says I've only used 8.12GB or my 10GB limit.

So whats going on, which is wrong? Can it be corrected?

6 REPLIES 6
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband Usage Limit

Hi @summers

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you have been advised you have reached your data cap. I have checked your account and apologise that I am currently unable to see exactly how much data you have used, I have passed this to my colleagues to work on first thing tomorrow to get more information for you and look to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Once again I do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused and thank you for your patience.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @summers,

Just updating you to let you know that we've picked this up and are looking into this. Once we have a further update we'll be back in touch to discuss this further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
summers
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @Warwick and @TheMightyAJ, tis appreciated.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

That's no worries, @summers.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks – LF

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@summers I've reapplied the data transfer watch now and if you reboot the router you shouldn't be restricted anymore

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
summers
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @MatthewWheeler yes that seemed to solve the speed cap. Didn't need to reboot the router - speed there stayed at 9.457 Mb/s - the cap is put on somewhere upline, I would guess at the gateway  - probably one of the old BNG boxes ....