Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Restricted

TonyN
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Broadband Restricted

Can anyone tell me what to do about this?
My broadband is restricted although I have not used my allowance and the BB Usage page shows that I have updated my cap on payment to leave 1.7GB approx. available for this month, the cost of which, it says, has been charged to my bill. Therefor there is no need to increase the cap as the help operative suggests.
See PDF attached for what happened when I contacted Help.
Given that my average monthly bill for pay-as-you go has varied between £15.99 and 19.59 (no contract) over the past year, only Plusnet would benefit if I upgrade to unlimited broadband as has been suggested.
Plusnet help has put a comment that seems to be trying to blame me for the problem at Question #112447414and has ignored my response.
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=112447414
adie:green removed attachment as it had part of users password in it.
7 REPLIES 7
gofaster
Rising Star

Re: Broadband Restricted

How much would unlimited cost you? Have you spoken to the Customer Options Team to see what sort of deal they could offer you? (You would probably need to take a contract to get the best offer)
TonyN
Rising Star

@gofaster
Cost is a side issue.
My broadband is being restricted (so slow as to be virtually unusable) while I have an 1.3GB unused that I have committed to pay for and I am not getting any sense from help.
Believe me, entering into an annual contract with Plusnet is the last thing I am likely to do under the circumstances.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry about that, I had to do some manual fixes (which I've not done for quite a while as those accounts are few and far between now) and you shouldn't be restricted now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If it doesn't work straight off might a disconnect/connect be required?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TonyN
Rising Star

Chris Parr:
1. I am still restricted. Too slow for YouTube video to work
2. I now have another email timed at 16:13 yesterday saying “You've now reached the extra usage limit you set for your broadband service. Your broadband service will be restricted until the end of your billing month.
Your extra usage price limit is currently set to £7.2.”
3. I’ve been without proper broadband for nearly a week now through no fault of my own but because Plusnet support hasn’t handled my problem properly
4. I’ve wasted a hell of a lot of time on this: see the links in my comments above. I’m wasting time over it again now.
5. When I tried to phone Plusnet I was told there was a waiting time of 30mins.
6. This isn’t the kind of service I expect from Plusnet after ten years as a customer.
7. It is going to take a hell of a lot more than a casual ‘Sorry about that” to put things right.
8. Now will you PLEASE get this sorted.
9. To avoid any doubt, see this screen shot taken yesterday. The content of that page has been the same since I upped my broadband cap last weekend.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've got an idea of how to fix this, I'll reply to the ticket on your account shortly, sorry this hasn't been sorted yet.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
TonyN
Rising Star

Given that I’ve had to resort to posting comments on a public forum to get anywhere near a resolution of this problem - after failing to get an adequate response from support - I prefer to deal with your latest response here rather than out of the public eye on the ticket page.
So what you are saying now is:

“Sorry that this hasn't been sorted yet. Unfortunately I can't see why this has happened.
To resolve this I've removed the data transfer watch from your account, which will allow you unrestricted access again. However this will obviously also allow additional usage charges to be added on. So to stop these getting too high I've discounted £10 from your next invoice, which more than covers the amount of usage you normally get through.
After your next invoice date you may want to readd [sic] the data transfer watch at whichever level you prefer, although it may be more economic in future to upgrade to one of our current Unlimited products.”
Or in other words, the problem has not been ‘fixed’, but just kicked into the long grass with the near very real possibility of it resurfacing next month if I try to raise my broadband cap above £7.20. So you seem to be suggesting that I should move to a more expensive (unlimited) account in order to spare Plusnet the trouble of fixing the problem with my pay as you go account.
My next bill is due on Saturday and I will be interested to see what’s on it. In the meantime my feeling is that a ‘discount’ (by which I assume you mean reduction) of £10 is either not nearly enough or far to much unless, of course, Plusnet thinks that its customers time is worth significantly less than the national living wage.