cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Product

chrisco
Grafter

Broadband Product

Is there a chance PN will be introducing a broadband product that falls somewhere between Value & Extra? I personally don't need 60GB per month but would like a bit more than 10GB. It's a big jump from one to the other both in usage & price. Does anyone else feel this way? If so make your views known & maybe they will consider this. Huh
5 REPLIES 5
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband Product

Hey Chrisco,
It all depends on what market area you are on, - If you're a market 3 (http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/, you can get the Extra package for £11.49 a month, which is only £5.50 more than Value and gets you 6 times the usage.
Your other option is to pay for additional usage as and when you need it, at the cost of £5 per 5Gb.
I believe the prices are a steal, even on Market 1 & 2 - I doubt you'd find another company offering 60Gb for £17.99 a month (Without having to take phone with them too)
If you do for some reason, We can always Beat the price - See: http://www.plus.net/compare
I hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt
matt_2k34
Grafter

I doubt you'd find another company offering 60Gb for £17.99 a month (Without having to take phone with them too)

And not forgetting the free usage is free, as in, you dont pay for as much as you can leech i mean uh... - for as much as you use
Smiley
chrisco
Grafter

I'm not disputing the fact that PN Extra is good value for those that need it, my point being I don't need anywhere near 6 times the usage than I have at  the moment.  I probably wouldn't use 20Gb and for me to upgrade would cost almost 80% more than I pay now - for something I'm not using to full advantage. (I am in a market 3 area)
Ok I can pay for extra at the cost of £5 per 5Gb but that's an expensive way of doing it. I do take advantage of free usage but that for me is restricted to things I can set to download after a specific time - as like most people no doubt - I am asleep after midnight! At the moment, if & when I get the warning email from PN I simply hold off downloading non-essential stuff until the start of my new charging period which isn't ideal.
No, I still think there should be a middle priced product  that falls somewhere between 10 & 60Gb, charged accordingly.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Don't hold your breath because this isn't going to happen.
PlusNet's marketing strategy is to offer the Extra Product for the incremental prive of 5GB over the Value Product in the full knowledge that most of their users will NOT use anywhere near their allowance limit.
This principle applies across the whole Product range including the £5/ 5GB extra usage charge. Wouldn't we users prefer to pay for what we us at say £1/ GB or even better 1p/ 10MB?
It's not going to happen. Tongue
matt_2k34
Grafter

i doubt it will happen
The current product line up is clear, and understandable.
Also they are massively popular, so somethings going right  Shocked