cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Phone losing me a referral

pcsolution

Broadband Phone losing me a referral

One VERY good customer of mine that I referred several months back is considering chucking in the towel along with moving house, because despite HOURS spent on the phone and emailing to support he cannot get his phone to register with PlusNet's SIP service.
Now, I am very experienced with IP phones - many of my customers rely 100% on VOIP.  I've configured a whole plethora of different phones with several different SIP providers... but even I can't get his phone to register - and it is a model I supplied to him because it is the EASIEST to configure.
Is there anyone on support who know what they're doing with SIP/VOIP?  We just get repeatedly referred (ahem) to the documentation on the website - which applies only to the X-Ten softphone, and is wrong anyway!
I'd hate to lost a referred customer over this silly issue.
Help appreciated
PCSolution
5 REPLIES 5
arlehaven
Grafter

Re: Broadband Phone losing me a referral

Hello pcsolution,
Maybe you could post some details about the phone you are trying to configure and somebody here in the forums might be using the same kit and may be able to help.
You can only but ask.
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
As Noel says, please give us details of the phone you are trying to configure and any error messages you are experiencing.
We'll be happy to help try and get this configured for you.

pcsolution

Quote from: Mark
Hi there.
As Noel says, please give us details of the phone you are trying to configure and any error messages you are experiencing.
We'll be happy to help try and get this configured for you.

Finally came back to the site, now it's fully operational... and I have replies!  Whoopee!
OK, the phone is a Grandstream 2000 VOIP phone.  You can see the setup pages at http://www.voiptalk.org/products/gxp_setup.html
I've set up dozens of these to talk to various different SIP servers, but no success with PlusNet's service.
Hope someone can help!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Well here's my threepennyworth if it's any use.
The basic PLUSTALK settings are here: https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/hardware.shtml
From a look at the setup guide you posted I would guess u need the following settings on the phone:-
IP address to DHCP
SIP server and Outbound proxy set to sip.plus.net
SIP user ID and Authenticate ID set to your Plustalk SIP ID ( find it here:- https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=net_my_account ; )
Authenticate password set to your plusnet account password
NAT traversal and suitable STUN server address assuming you are behind a NAT router.
Hope that helps - let us know how you get on

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colin_thames
Dabbler

If it's any consolation I couldn't get my Grandstream ATA 486 to register on Plusnet either, when using a Belkin ADSL router.  I thought it must have been the hardware because I checked and rechecked the settings but the connection would drop out within a few seconds. 
But since then I've been using a FritzBox! DSL router (which connects to normal phones) and the service works fine. 
Might be worth seeing if other kit works before you drop Plusnet.
Cheers