Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Cancellation Charge

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: Broadband Cancellation Charge

Hi Richard,
Thank you for your response to the Ticket and the notification that you have raised a problem with our developers, ref: 82805.
Whilst I am now aware that the cancellation charge displayed in my Account Summary in the Member Centre is wrong and that I need to ask for a manual calculation in the event that I want to leave, this is a problem that affects ALL of PlusNet's customers.
What mechanism have you put in place to initiate the manual calculation for ALL leavers so that they are not overcharged? Since PlusNet are now aware of the issue, such an overcharge would be open to allegations of negligence.
R
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Just looked at my account summary -according to that my cancellation charge is either £0  -expired    OR £0 - pending !!
Mind you my Cessation charge is £0 -cancelled ...............and I still have an ancient router (Voyager 2091) in the status of delivery from 2008!!!!!!
Wheel_nut
Grafter

davidj60,
The reason that your cancellation charge is zero is that you are out of contract. This also suggests that you are paying more than you need to for your service and a call to the options team will get you Unlimited Copper Broadband for £2.50 per month and a new Wireless N Router thrown in for the price of the postage.
I suspect that the absence of the Cessation charge is an error ... or are you on LLU service?
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Nope to both -agreed a new contract period with COT in June -presume that's the line in my Account details that has got a date of 1/1/1970 ..and is pending!!!
Not on LLU -ADSL2+,so not explanation for cancellation of cessation charge!!
As to Voyager router still in the status of "delivery" -when I joined they had apparently dispatched from Warehouse - but JamesH told me that they had actually run out so sent me an "open box" D-Link router f.o.c to get me online. I have spoken twice to CS re this non existent router -but still it appears!
A FURTHER thought on My Account Details -it doesn't detail the actual deal/cost  I'm on for broadband -is this the norm for people who have discounted deals????
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi davidj60,
Yours is different to Wheel_nut and gofaster's issues  Undecided
I've added your account to the existing Problem 78575 and there should be a clean up running for this later this month to rectify the pending contract.
Wheel_nut and gofaster - sorry I've not come back until now! Problem 82656 was raised following the information you both providing me with and it is currently being investigated. I'll see if I can get an update on this ASAP.