cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

British Telecom

WhiteHorse

British Telecom

Okay, so my broadband contract expired end of January, I notified them I wasn't renewing earlier on and asked for a MAC code. Signed up with Plusnet and transferred my telephone too. BT rang and said oh we're so sorry you are leaving us after 25 years, can we offer you  a deal which amounts to nothing to persuade you to stay, I declined and said it's okay don't worry I'm only moving to your other dept., Plusnet, so you haven't really lost me truly. Now out of the blue they send me a letter saying thanks, your order number is VOL012-73247633679 and your broadband starts on the 17th of February even though I haven't ordered anything and have confirmed twice I have left for Plusnet once in reply to their call and twice with the successful acquisition of the MAC code and a perfectly smooth transfer of phone and broadband to Plusnet which has been running for weeks. Is everything in this country completely insane or is every big business just evil and out to destroy their customers.
Just askin'
UPDATE
I rang BT and they said ignore the letter as long as your transfer to Plusnet has all gone okay then you have received your final bill from us and all is payed everything is now shut down with us all done. So here's hoping Danielle is right and I will only have good to say about the whole successful process of becoming a new and happy Plusnet customer.
Good aye!
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: British Telecom

To be perfectly honest, I've recently moved my parents over from BT to Plusnet and the exact same thing happened!
Don't worry about it if BT have told you to ignore the letter. We've seen an instance of this happening here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112146.msg961805.html
I hope this helps put your mind at rest Smiley
eimeki
Dabbler

Re: British Telecom

Hi Whitehorse
Same for me, almost exactly. However, my efforts to make any sense out in India failed miserably! I am due a refund, yet they have accessed my bank account weeks after my transfer to Plusnet and taken another payment for services they are not providing! To add insult to injury they have just sent me a recorded message telling me future bills will be sent by post and will be subject to an admin charge until I allow them DD facilities again! No organisation can be so inept so often by mistake, they must be gaining out of the shambles and I intend involving the Ombudsman to see if he can bring some sanity/decency to their activities.