cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring the phone line and cable into the interior of the house?

nollag2006
Dabbler

Bring the phone line and cable into the interior of the house?

I have my home move scheduled with PlusNet for Friday 6th, where I am moving into a new build property

Openreach have already been out to connect the line from the telephone pole on the road to the exterior wall of the house

As part of the install on Friday, can your engineer drill a hole in the wall to bring the phone line and cable into the interior of the house?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Re: Bring the phone line and cable into the interior of the house?

@nollag2006 If the line from the pole to your house is already there, then the engineer would do that as a matter of course during the final steps of installation.

Just as a point to note - and I haven't checked, so maybe you should - but what do the Lockdown rules mean for this type of work? In the previous one, the installation would not be completed, as the engineer would be unable to enter your property.

John
nollag2006
Dabbler

Thanks - good point on the lockdown rules. I've done a Google on that, and its not very clear.

Can anyone else advise on that point?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@nollag2006 

This is reported to be a statement from the housing minister:  https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/new-lockdown-rules-housing-market-and-al...

Alternatively this agrees:  https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/news/news/home-moves-and-repairs-can-continue-in-new-lockdown-says-j...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

nollag2006
Dabbler

Thanks - I couldnt open the second link without registration

The first link is pretty broad, and doesnt address the specific activity of installing phone and internet. Arguably, this doesnt fall under the description of either house move or construction activity - as it  is somewhat tangental

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@nollag2006 

Unfortunately it will be a matter of interpretation as it is impossible to specify every possible scenario. At the end of the day I assume that it will depend on the attitude of Openreach management and/or their employee whether to enter the premises.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'