cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break in service during a switch from BT?

philh1

Break in service during a switch from BT?

I have signed up to switch from BT Outreach non-fibre to PlusNet Fibre Extra. Emails from BT and PlusNet suggest there will be a two day break in service.

The signup process said the switchover would happen on 12th December.  I got an email from BT confirming the 12th, but then an email from Plusnet saying it would happen on 14th.  I am VERY concerned that I will be 2 days without any service as I work from home.  I've tried phone, and chat, and  a complaint, but cannot get a definitive knowledgeable reply.

Please can someone advise - will I have 2 days without service?

(If not, then PlusNet should make their communications clearer!)

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Break in service during a switch from BT?

Hello there and welcome aboard.

I've checked your order and I can see that we originally requested the 12th to be your activation date but sadly our suppliers could not commit to that so they delayed it to the 14th.

As we're transferring an active service, I wouldn't expect your current provider to switch you off until the 14th. It's possible that they've just not relayed over to you the change. If you're concerned I'd recommend getting in touch with them.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I believed that in a "gaining supplier" led process the new supplier is responsible for controlling the interface to avoid situations like this occurring?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@MauriceC

When there's a change in the required by date, we wouldn't contact the losing ISP directly.

The change would be relayed to them through the Openreach systems. It'd then be the losing ISP's responsibility to relay that over to their customer as we had done too.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet