cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breach of contract - No service, no contact etc.

PaulB2010

Breach of contract - No service, no contact etc.

I currently have no service from Plusnet; the issue was reported via social media on the 15/08 and I'm yet to have an acknowledgement from plusnethelp despite much newer queries being acknowledged (I've also updated the thread several times).

I recently moved which included downgrading from fibre to ADSL and a new 12M contract. This didn't go smoothly to say the least but I was left being assured billing would be corrected. This hasn't been the case and I've now been overcharged. I called up on the 17/8 (this took 1h30) and was told the issue would be rectified (I'd get a refund). This hasn't arrived and my contract appears to have been re-provisioned on this date (extending it without my consent). On that same day I'd hoped to also enquire about my fault but ran out of time.

I tried again on the 19/08 but calls directly to the techincal team were being rejected on volume. I then spoke to the Cust. Options Team about cancelling my contract who are adamant I cannot cancel without an early exit fee; this got me through to the technical team (eventually; 1h42) and an engineer was scheduled. The engineer failed to show.

I'm currently without service, and without contact from Plusnet on any of the points raised (and have put a significant amount of effort into both testing and contacting Plusnet proactively).

I believe they're in breach of contract as it's hard to argue that an internet service which doesn't function at all is "fit for purpose" (or that the level of input required for the consumer is normal). I was repeatedly told on the phone that Plusnet get 30 days to fix such an issue (~1/12 of the contract duration); for a non-service fault this seems the wrong side of "fair" (especially after not attending).

I was hoping that this post might get enough attention for someone to either sort out my fault (billing and contract); or to admit that this doesn't look good.

My plan currently is to cancel my direct debit and seek the refund myself through the direct debit agreement with my bank.

2 REPLIES 2
PaulB2010

Re: Breach of contract - No service, no contact etc.

To update this; I was contacted today and 'allowed' to exit my contract without charge.

My billing is to be corrected tomorrow.

I'm sat to leave Plusnet as I've been a customer since living in Sheffield, not far from the call center many years ago.

Greenwell
Hooked

Re: Breach of contract - No service, no contact etc.

Don’t see why you should feel bad your are leaving a dysfunctional organisation that repeatedly screws up.