cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought our first home, stop order on line!?

Ff1natic

Bought our first home, stop order on line!?

Hi there,
We complete on the purchase of our first home today & in anticipation I placed an order for FTTC on the 2/9/14 with a chosen installation date of the 19/9/14.
Yesterday I received a text which reads as such, "There is currently a stop order on the phone line with the current provider which is due to complete on 19/09/14 and this is preventing us from placing your  order to complete earlier than this date. If you can contact the current provider to get this removed we can get your services transferred in 2 weeks."
Now, that's the only contact I've received so far so I'm a little disappointed that I haven't been updated on potential install dates as a result of the above text.
As we've bought the house & as such we're not the account holders of the phone line currently active I'm guessing there's nothing much we can do about the stop order? My question therefore is, how long will it now take to have the service installed?
Is there anything I can do to speed things up?
Regards,
Ff1natic
4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Bought our first home, stop order on line!?

Hi Ff1natic,
I think my colleague may have sent a stock response that probably isn't tailored to your situation. Sorry about that  Roll_eyes
I've managed to lock in an appointment for the day that the existing provider release the line, which is the 19th (PM).
Hopefully this resolves everything. I've updated the ticket and also sent you a text.
Thanks,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Ff1natic

Texts & emails received matt, I must say that was a swift response & brilliant result. Is the fibre/phone install for the 19/09/14 confirmed then or is it provisional for now?
Thank you very much, excellent service matt.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It was provisional when I placed it, but it's now all confirmed.
Thanks  Cheesy
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Ff1natic

That's brilliant, not a bad turnaround at all then considering, I won't have to live in the dark ages for too long. Ha.
Appreciate that Matt, cheers.