Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus early termination charge

FIXED
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Bogus early termination charge

I believe that given the current known accounting problems created by the new billing engine that this is a reasonable and valid request.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Good morning @richi, thanks for your post.

Whilst we would say that our ticketing system serves as adequate evidence of the issue and wouldn't usually send out a letter,  we are of course able to get a letter typed up and sent out in relation to your issues, if that's what you'd prefer?

richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks, Owen. I really would. Much appreciated.

In the same way that you wouldn't usually do it, I wouldn't usually insist. But I'm aware of the other recent cases where debt collectors have turned up at the door after the customer was told by Plusnet to disregard an incorrect bill.

Sorry to put you through additional manual clerical work, but it wouldn't be necessary if the accounting system worked correctly. This is an issue that's been happening for several years now; I'd hoped the new system would have fixed it—but sadly not, it seems.

Thanks again

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @richi, I have put this in a letter and we will get this sent for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
richi
Aspiring Pro

Awesome, thanks!

richi
Aspiring Pro

@BoomBoomUK am I reading this right? Registered 4 hours ago and already posted 31 times? What's your agenda?

richi
Aspiring Pro

@LaurenB wrote:

Hi @richi, I have put this in a letter and we will get this sent for you.

Thanks again @LaurenB. Letter arrived yesterday. I hope Plusnet gets the accounting system sorted soon, for your sake!

richi
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf wrote:

If you've received the automated email advising of an early termination charge then it's likely that the system will generate this figure as the final bill (deducting any due refunds) after your account is closed.

Unfortunately there's no way to override the system as it is automated.

Hi @Gandalf, in fact, the final bill looks to be correct. Happy days.

Thanks, Anoush and others on the team, for your hard work on this and the other couple of issues we've had with the service in the past. I wish you well, and it's my sincere hope that the accounting system gets sorted out quickly, for the sake of your work/life balance!

As I said elsewhere, I'm sorry to leave, but the ongoing issues with BTW's vlan management, and the lack of workable VDSL2 here means that LLU is the only sensible option at this location. I had hoped that the switch from Max to 21CN at this rural exchange would have fixed the issues, but sadly not.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the update richi.

I'm glad to hear that your final bill looks to be correct.

Looks like it may have just been a display issue on the automated leaving notification e-mail you received.

All the best with your LLU provider and hopefully we'll see you back at some point in the future.

(P.S. feel free to stick around here, your knowledge is greatly valued!)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
richi
Aspiring Pro

Hi @Gandalf, I just realised that you won't be able to take the final £3.75 on my account, because there's no direct debit. 

Weirdly, your invoices don't have any bank account details on them. So I searched around for how to pay you, and finally found an FAQ that directs me to www.plus.net/pay – however, that link doesn't work!

If you'd like the money, please let me have your bank details to send it to, or a link that works.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi richi.

We don't accept payment in the form of BACS, and the site plus.net/pay will only work if there's an outstanding balance.

It doesn't look like the final invoice is outstanding yet as our system is likely trying to take it via your direct debit still.

Once the payment fails we'll email you to let you know and you'll then be able to pay online.

Let us know if there are any issues though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
richi
Aspiring Pro

Morning. Hope you all had a good xmas. Still seems to be no way to pay you my small final amount.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've raised this with our billing team to investigate further.

P.S. Merry Christmas! Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ChrisS1

This whole thread is extremely depressing, I have to say

richi
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf thanks, but all they did is raise another bill, which still doesn't give any way to actually pay it. (And plus.net/pay still fails.)