cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Frustrated3

Billing

Hi everyone,

I cancelled my Plusnet home and broadband due to price increases and due to the cancellation date of tomorrow, we owe 9 days.

I've contacted Plusnet to ask for an amended prorata bill which they have stated they will not do, you have to pay the full amount and then they will credit the difference.

The problem with this is that when we did this for a mobile account, they raise the credit and did not give us the refund back to our bank account instead they just send a credit bill every month despite me phoning to ask for it to be paid into my bank account.

Therefore, I am unhappy about paying a full month in advance on this.

I'm a business owner and just pro-rata our invoices, why do they have to keep customers hard-earned money for 21 days before putting it as a credit?

Annoyed to say the least as whenever I go on chat and ask that question, the (non) service representative decided to end the chat, too difficult a question for him maybe!

Anyway, could I just work out the 9 days owed and just pay them that?

7 REPLIES 7
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Billing

Hi @Frustrated3,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

I have created a ticket on your account to respond to your query. Please click here to view my response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Frustrated3

Hi,

As the contract has now been cancelled, it is not allowing me into the account to view the messages.

As I am now out of service with you and you have cut off the service, please raise an invoice just for the past few days owed, so I can pay it as I am not prepared to pay late fees when you won't allow me access to my account as you have cancelled it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Frustrated3 

From what I can see the portal login component on your account is still active so you'll be able login to your account regardless whether it's cancelled. Could you advise what happens when you do try to login? Just make sure you're using the username that appears at the top of any email we'd send you, and you've tried changing your password Here

With regards to your final bill you'll receive this within the next 21 days as these are generated automatically. 

I hope this helps.

[edit]

It's worth noting that we can't 'manually' generate a pro-rata bill. The billing process if you leave us is that all payments need to be kept up to date and within 21 days of the account cancelling we'd generate your final bill. If you're owed a refund then we'd issue this back to your direct debit instruction (Should one exist and is left active) otherwise we'll send a cheque.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Frustrated3

It still will not let me view my account, it says there is an error as per screenprint;

Plusnet error.jpg

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there, @Frustrated3,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies for the issue, you should still be able to access however I have sent you a breakdown of the previous statement here, you should receive a separate email too.

I trust this is of help, let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

Frustrated3

Hi,

I am getting most annoyed now as it still comes up with an error.

I have paid every single bill on time so I do not understand why you had a block on my account that needed lifting in the first place, this is not acceptable.

Please, just email me an invoice for the outstanding few days that are owed and I will pay it. 

As you no longer provide a service for my property and the contract is cancelled there is no reason why you can not send an invoice for what is owed as opposed to keep pasting the full bill and trying to make me pay that and wait 21 days for the refund while your company garners interest on it.

I'm not prepared to pay for something that is not owed, so please escalate this to your complaints department, considering I am locked out of my account anyway as I want a bill just for what I owe.#

Will

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us Will.

Looking back at your reply yesterday morning, the link you're trying to go to is a failed payment one however your account is not in failed payment because your final bill hasn't generated yet. Can you go Here to log into your account?

As per my above edit, we will generate your final bill within 21 days following your account being cancelled.

This is an automated process and we are unable to manually generate the bill. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet