cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

kensul
Dabbler

Billing

Having changed product months ago, early April, there was a bit of a mix up and the change wasn't made for about a month. Subsequent to this Plusnet had to set up a new account for me by tacking a 1 on the end of my user name. The idea being that the original account would be an email only one, and run without charge, to avoid my having to change my email address everywhere I have used it over more than a decade. The new account would then be charged against for the products.

However I keep on getting sent bills against the original account, just got another today, which Plusnet then refund me for when I open a question. I have never received a bill against the new account. I am more than a little miffed that this has yet to be sorted properly as I shouldn't have to keep on complaining every time an incorrect bill is raised.

I didn't want to have to change my email address but perhaps the only way out of this is to do so...............with another provider.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Billing

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to see we're still charging you on your free email account.

Unfortunately it looks like it's affected by an issue which means the account hasn't cancelled yet in the billing system. I've raised this to our billing team to investigate further requesting that we suspend the billing on the account if that's an appropriate resolution for us to take. Once the payment clears I'll ensure it's refunded back to yourself.

Moving forward we should hopefully have a resolution before your bill date next month comes around.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected as requested.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet