cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Kenhope

Billing

I have recently had my bill and find there is a charge of £24.08 to 118820.the call lasted 5mins 24 secoonds.  Looking on the internet it appears that this is a scam.
I dialled a correct number which was ringing and a voice came over to indicate that there was a fault on the line and was given a number to call to check. I spoke to someone who first of all asked if I was calling from a private or company number. She said she would  investigate while I waited and said that the number was ringing but there was no reply and would I like to leave a message which they would pass on. I did not leave a message. I tried ringing a few times after that and got the same message to ring 118820 but didn't. I gave up in the end. Effectively the number I was ringing  had been hi-jacked by this company which must be illegal. 
Why do phone operators allow these scammers to operate and such I hold Plusnet responsible and would like re-inbursement.
Next step may have to be social media

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Billing

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It's not the fault of PN that a number that more than likely has nothing to do with them has a recorded message on it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

These numbers are 'regulated' by Phonepay Plus: http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/ might be worth raising a complaint to them.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Ken, I understand you also sent us this message on Facebook. As per my response there:
Hi Ken, I appreciate your frustration, however it would be the responsibility of the person you called initially that had a recorded message advising you to call the 118 number, to ensure that their number is not being used for fraudulent purposes.
As your service provider we have charged in line with the charges for calling a telephone number that you chose to dial.
If the number you initially tried to dial is being provided by Plusnet, we would be more than happy to investigate this matter further, however if we are not providing the number in question, there is unfortunately nothing we can do to assist you. I hope you understand.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet