cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing screw up - not overly surprised....

Grant17375
Dabbler

Billing screw up - not overly surprised....

Morning All...
A couple of weeks back I changed to 60gb allowance after discovering on my first month with Plusnet that 10gb ain't enough.  I asked the guy on the phone if I would still get half price broadband as I'm still in my intial three months with PN..  Fearing the worst, and having had a couple of teething issues, I sent two seperate questions to PN helpcentre in the run up to my DD being called for, asking for assurance that I will still get half price broadband.  On both occasions I was told that, yes, I'll still get my half price deal and essentially not to worry...
So imagine my lack of surprise and almost amusement on accessing my account on Plusnet and finding that the full amount is going to be called for.. I called the callcentre and the lovely South African lady informed me that a refund for the difference would be placed back in my account after about 5 days or so..
Great.
But - a question - do Plusnet staff actually check specific accounts when responding to help questions or do they just give answers that they think might happen?  The callcentre girl confirmed that the DD wasn't amended due to an agent error.. So why did 2 seperate helpcentre staff advise me that I would still receive 1/2 price broadband in my initial 3 months? 
Anyone?
Seems to me that Plusnet's ad campaign should be "Good, honest (confusing, misinformed, shoddy customer service giving, have a guess) broadband from Yorkshire.
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Billing screw up - not overly surprised....

I must have got your discount, they have another bog up this week, Home phone dont seem to be getting charged for BB?
If pn are making life difficult for you by overcharging, you can bill then for the bank charges,
And that 5 days is eye wash, the wont issue the refund until they get the money in their bank - 10 day according to them, then they issue the refund that they say will take another 5 working days that end up as ten actual days, total without your money about 20 days
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Grant17375,
This happened due to agent error. We used our discount system to make sure we honoured the 3 months for half price offer, however when account types are changed discounts are automatically removed. I'm afraid to say that the agent who actioned that request failed to reinstate them, hence you being billed the full amount.
Apologies, the agent who did this will be receiving feedback.
Home phone dont seem to be getting charged for BB?

P_P have you see anything relating to this on the forums? please direct me to it if you have.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Grant17375
Dabbler

Thanks Adam...  I realise now that is was due to agent error, but my point hasn't really been answered.  I asked 2 seperate questions in the run up to my dd being called for (as I have already experienced one or two issues with Plusnet in my first month, therefore was a bit dubious about the service) and was informed on both occasions that I would only be billed for the half price broadband.
If it was down to agent error, why was this not picked up when I asked a few days before my DD was called for? I was simply told I would be charged half price broadband.  Do helpcentre staff actually check accounts or do they just go on guesswork or what they think might happen on an account..
And how can I get assurance that this won't happen again?
You really don't expect two fairly large errors (incorrectly limiting service and billing error) in the first month of your contract with a large company like Plusnet.  Really makes me worried what the next 11 months may have in store..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Grant17375,
If I explain the chain of events in more detail which should demonstrate why the other agents said the discounts would go through.
When you originally queried this in the two questions you raised the discounts were there and in place as far as those agents were concerned there was nothing to stop the half price discounts from taking effect, this was still the case when the account change was scheduled.
It was then at the point that the account change took place that the discounts were removed. It was the responsibility of the agent who scheduled your account change to make sure steps were taken to re-add these when the account eventually changed.
And how can I get assurance that this won't happen again?

The invoices are back in place and the only way this could happen again is if you request an account change and then another agent made the same error. In the event that you do want to change accounts again if you don't feel trusting of the CSC following what's just happened then by all means PM me so I can handle it and make sure the discounts are re-instated (if applicable).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I must have got your discount, they have another bog up this week, Home phone dont seem to be getting charged for BB?
You cant make a statement like that to people, I have been billed correctly and I have home phone and broadband. In saying that I was billed last week not this week, Doh!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Steve scratches head How come I was billed correctly then? ( No fair ) I want free BB. Tongue
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it only applies to the upright English who paid this weekend