cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing query for Plusnet staff

PGRGrandad
Grafter

Billing query for Plusnet staff

Hi I received my usual email informing me of my latest monthly billing amount outstanding, but found for some reason the referral has doubled, even though I have not refered anyone for many years, when I investigated further I found that the sum of £17.odd has been credited to my account to be deducted from my next bill, What is going on, has the referral rate doubled without me knowing or being informed, I have checked the website and cant see anything like that mentioned.
It will be very nice if this is all true but I suspect Plusnet have, for the first time on my account, mucked it up.
Can someone check this and clear up my concerns.
Thanks
Pete
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Billing query for Plusnet staff

There's been an ongoing problem with referral values being incorrect ( see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119500.0.html ).
The values have now been corrected BUT the backdated missing amounts are being processed. It may be that is what's happened on your account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just taken a look over and the referral amount is still 25p. This month is higher due to a quirk in the order we billed as far as we can tell.
Can you let us know where you're seeing a £17 credit? The only figure close to this we can see is the total value of all the referrals you've received.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PGRGrandad
Grafter

Thanks for checking Chris, but if you have a way of viewing the email send for renewal it states my discount is 0.50p and not 0.25p, when I checked further into my referrals it looks like the one referral I have has been duplicated, as far as I know the guy I referred back in 2008 hasn't upgraded, although I have yet to see him to check.
I think your right about the £17.25, my apologies, I hadn't taken the trouble to read it correctly, and never having had an account problem had never even looked at that particular page before.
What is the'quirk' Chris, and will 0.50p be deducted or the usual 0.25p for this month.
Thanks again for taking the time.
Pete

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We believe it's due to the timing of the billing run. Normally you bill before your friend, so you have the token for the previous month only. However it appears that you may have been billed slightly after them this month, so you had the previous month's token and this month's token (hence the 50p instead of 25p). This should correct itself next month.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PGRGrandad
Grafter

Thanks Chris, I wont pretend to understand that as it is the first time anything out of the ordinary has happened since I joined Plusnet in 2008, last month was normal so Im guessing next month I wont get the discount subtracted, am I right?
Thanks again Pete