Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing problem - No end in sight

Spelly
Dabbler

Billing problem - No end in sight

Hello

I 'm new to the forum but thought I would share my experience so far

A few years ago I signed up to PlusNet and all was well for a good 2 years. When I renewed my contract in October. Signed into an 18 month deal as was happy so far, paid my line rental up front for one year and didn't expect any issues as the broadband was free for 12 months so wasn't expecting a bill for at least 12 months. Almost a month later I receive an email saying my bill is due and PlusNet will take my direct debit of £10.99 in a the next week or so. I figured there had been an error and something was right. Made a call to customer services and discovered that the start date for my contract had been set to Oct 2019 ! hence why I was being charged full price for my broadband. They promised to correct this and refunded me the 10.99 to my bank and all appeared well again. Fast forward another month and the same happens again. I ring up again get told it will be fixed and 10.99 credited to my account. Direct debit of 10.99 goes out but this time no refund appears so I ring up again to be told its still being dealt with and my account has been credited. Now the way I understand it that I should have been refunded and not credited as the credit does not go back into my bank account. Is this correct ? I also asked that my account be terminated as im not in a contract till Oct 2019 only to be told my line rental saver is non refundable. Why is this ? After all the problem has been caused by PlusNet and its inability to carry out a simple contract renewal correctly. Im now in the unfortunate situation where ive paid 12 months line rental up front and on top of this paid 10.99 a month for broadband, neither of which I will be able to get back due to the incompetence of PlusNet.. The call centre advisor  didn't really seem to care that is had cost me around £200 for a few months internet.  Has anyone else had this situation with PlusNet ? AS

21 REPLIES 21
TRAVELLERBAZZA

Re: Billing problem - No end in sight

Too True ,

After a complete shambles with Minus-Net  and being cut off from Broadband for a month & my Landline for two weeks ,Plus Net agreed NOT to reimburse me , however to give me a deal £10.99 until 4th November at which time I could leave without penalty.

LOW & BEHOLD  , they are billing me after I have left . They will not answer my support messages , I am unable to contact them by phone. I did cancel my direct debit , however I await their automatic service to give Experian & co a negative on  my credit rating

I am a member of Which? legal , hopefully will be able to assist

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Topic moved to Accounts and Billing for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Spelly,

I'm very sorry that the discount hasn't come off your account correctly and for the poor experience that you've had when trying to get this resolved. I've had a look into this now. My response contains some account specific information so I've added this to the open ticket on your account which you can view here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Spelly
Dabbler

Hi @EmilyD  and thanks for your prompt reply. Following on from the information you have put on the open ticket in my account. I am aware there is an on going issue that is affecting some customers , myself included. I just didn't understand why customer services would credit my account and not refund the money to my bank as a credit on my account doesn't return those funds and as i have nothing to pay that would be pointless. I understand that the funds are now been refunded into my bank ?. However i received an email from Plusnet today saying my direct debit had been cancelled ? I rang my bank to have them reinstate it as i understand they cancelled it when i complained about the trouble i had being having with Plusnet not refunding the money they have incorrectly taken. The direct debit now shows up on my account as active but could you please check if the funds are actually being transferred as they may have been refused due to the bank cancelling the direct debit on my behalf. Your help is much appreciated and the information you added to my account has helped more than the 4 or 5 times I've rung customer services. Just don't understand why they couldn't have done what you have when i contact them

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to us @Spelly

I am very sorry for this experience you have recently had and can only apologise for the stress caused to you. I have updated your open ticket with further information.

Spelly
Dabbler

Hi @Mads 

Thanks for your reply. I don't appear to have received any kind of refund as of yet. I know it's been the Christmas break so will give things another few days until the new year has passed (end of the week) But so far I've been promised several refunds none of which seem to have appeared into my bank. Its very frustrating that I need to go to these lengths to get money back that has been taken from me in error. It spoils what has so far been good service. I would have cancelled by now but PlusNet will not refund the remaining line rental saver despite them admitting they are totally at fault for this. I fail to understand how they can refuse to do this ? Unfortunately my next step will be to contact Ombudsman Services to get this resolved as so far my Internet has cost me £200+ for 3 months use

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Spelly,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I appreciate your comments about the refunds and apologise for any delay you have experienced.

Can you let us know here if you haven't received any refunds by mid-week and I'll ask our Billing Team to look into it as a priority.

Thanks - LF

Spelly
Dabbler

Hi @LordFoul

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate you taking the time to reply and offer help. I am still in a position where I have not received any type of refund or the compensation offered as a result of the issues I have had. I've tried asking customer services nicely to sort it and refund my money, I have then resorted to almost begging to get somewhere with them to sort it. All I get is empty promises and told that there is no way I will be refunded the balance of my line rental saver despite them admitting its their fault. I've now come to the end of tether with PlusNet and the way I have been treated

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Spelly,

Thanks for coming back to us and I am deeply saddened to hear you feel this way, however I can understand why.

This is not the level of service we aim to provide and do aim to resolve any reported concerns as quickly as possible. I am sorry this has not happened in your case.

I have looked into this for you and I apologise as the team we need to speak to are closed and only work Monday to Friday.

My colleague @LaurenB will chase this with them and get back to you via your account on Monday. I have provided a more in depth response on your open ticket here as it contains  account specific information. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Spelly
Dabbler

Hi @SammyM

I have received a response through my account regarding this situation from @LaurenB. Again it seems Plusnet are just trying to brush this aside and not actually solve the issue. I am now being asked to produce  a bank statement to them what i'm assuimng is for proof that i havent already received the £10.99 incorrectly taken from me again. Like most people I am completely paperless from my bank so do not receive bank statements from them, there is no facility to print (that i am aware of)or screenshot for obvious reasons.Furthermore why would I want to divulge any such financial information for something that is no fault of my own for such a small amount. I took a new contact out and paid up front so as to make this as simple as possible. Now through no fault of my own i now cannot exit a contract that i'm not even apparently in because it doesnt start till October 2019. But as Plusnet will not do the decent thing and refund the balance of my line rental saver and let me go elsewhere i'm now stuck paying £10.99 for ADSL broadband every month when it should be F.O.C , So coupled with what ive paid already and the £10.99 i'm being charged per month im paying almost £30 a month for ADSL broadband. I'm now finding very difficult to hold back and not say what i  really think of Plusnet customer service.

Tags (1)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this.

We'll chase this up for you and update the open ticket on your account shortly

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Spelly
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler

Thanks for your prompt response. As above its been an ongoing issue since Oct / Nov last year so without being sounding rude I'm afraid to say I've heard it all before unfortunately but would be more than happy to be proven wrong. My next bill is due 8th Jan , tomorrow so will see if another £10.99 is taken from my account

Spelly
Dabbler

@MatthewWheeler

Thanks for the reply you have given  on my Account  . It seems there is never going to be a resolution because Plusnet feel it's ok to take money from  my bank account that I don't owe but when it comes to getting this back they're basically asking me to provide proof for something they got wrong in the first place  simply put I'm being called a liar..Then on top of this cos they can't set my contract up correctly I'm not allowed my money back for line rental saver due to me being out of my 14 days  which was also their fault. I'm now basically being blackmailed . It's a ××××××× joke. 

@Spelly wrote:

Hi @MatthewWheeler

Thanks for your prompt response. As above its been an ongoing issue since Oct / Nov last year so without being sounding rude I'm afraid to say I've heard it all before unfortunately but would be more than happy to be proven wrong. My next bill is due 8th Jan , tomorrow so will see if another £10.99 is taken from my account

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Spelly,

I think initially, tomorrow we need to check that the contracted discounts do get applied to your bill. I've added it to be checked tomorrow morning and one of the team will update you tomorrow morning. Unfortunately despite it not being the response you're looking for I think Matt has updated the ticket with regards the line rental saver issue.