cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing pain

patkelly101
Hooked

Billing pain

Well totally disgusted with Plusnet customer service!

tried to login to my account on my tablet a few weeks ago, all went well went to my billing only to find next billing period is 28th Dec 2018, didn't think too much of it other than the website is not tablet friendly!

Forgot about it until 2 weeks ago when I tried on my PC, still the same hmm? 

Lets phone customer support to find out what the problem is.  Told my account is in PENDING and has been since "September" I thought I was hearing things.  None of my discounts had been added, then I was told there was a problem with the new billing engine they had installed and mine was one of the accounts effected.  So I asked for explanation, didn't get satisfactory answer, so asked to speak to a supervisor; told they were all busy (not impressed) was told one would ring me back later that day (roflmao) didn't happen.

Following day I get the return call at 8:30 ish in the morning, I was told they were looking into the problem but couldn't give a fix date

was promised weekly email updates STILL WAITING for the first and second emails.

so here we are nearly 4 months after the problem started I still don't have any-more information than your next bill is Dec 28th

When is someone going to fix the issue, or I'm going elsewhere, 

7 REPLIES 7
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Billing pain

Hi @patkelly101

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that the billing issue that you've mentioned has been raised for you via a ticket here.

As much as I appreciate your frustration, I'm afraid the information you've been given is correct - we're currently working on a fix for the issue that is causing you not to be billed for your service and will provide an update as soon as one is available  - having checked the ticket I've linked above, this looks to be the reason why nobody has contacted you since your call on the 14th - the ticket advises that my colleagues will get in touch IF an update is available, otherwise the ticket will remain open accordingly.

As soon as we know more, we'll let you know.

Best wishes

Dave

patkelly101
Hooked

While I appreciate there was nothing to report, YOUR member of staff should have had the decency and respect to send the email. His actions show total disrespect to myself and other customers of Plusnet.

If this issue started in September of 2018 as suggested by your member of staff then questions should be asked at board level as to why this is taking so long to fix!

if you cannot issue a fix then contingency plans should have been put in place ie reverting to the previous billing engine, it may not have bee perfect but it worked, the new system is clearly not fit for purpose.

the customers of plusnet are being treated with total disrespect

We should not have to be the ones that have to pay for the incompetence of the IT department leadership 

Anon
Pro

I have exaclty the same issue. What they have said in writing to me is that they cannot tell me anything about the oustanding bills and have no idea when it will be fixed. I have filled out a form of complaint at OFCOM, please do so. Whilst OFCOM do not  comment on individual cases, they will investigate if they receive enough complaints and Pne t were fined for billing issues last ye ar by OFCOM.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
patkelly101
Hooked

I have already made a complaint to OfCom! 

That was done after the first unsuccessful interaction with Plusnet.

Anon
Pro

Great

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 129

Hi @patkelly101, I am really sorry for the length of time this issues has been ongoing. I appreciate your frustration but I'm afraid it isn't something that is straight forward enough to revert back to the old billing system, we are working hard in the background to resolve these issues however.

I have added a more detailed response on the open ticket here for you, but please get back to us if you have any further queries in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Anon
Pro

Using techies that work when their isn't an R in the month and using stuff from Sheffield market, no doubt.

Absolutely NO END in sight, unless a member of staff would like to contradict that statement.